Meeting Again

The next morning, Jose wasn't very focused.

He kept looking out the window with a daydream look on his face.

All he could think about was Jessica.

"If only I could have spent more time with her. She is an angel. I never felt this way before. The only thing I know of her is her name and yet she has stolen my heart." He thought to himself.

"Jose? Jose! Earth to Jose!" Donald shouted, waving his hand in front of Jose, but Jose didn't say a word. 

He didn't even blink.

"What is with him? He isn't paying any attention." Panchito said.

"Hmmm. Dreaming look, flushed, spaced out, not eating. This is serious." Xandra said.

"Do you think he's sick?" Panchito asked.

"That's got to be it." Xandra said.

"I'd better call a doctor." Donald said.

Everyone left the room to get a doctor.

Just then, Jose went out for a walk and saw a beautiful young woman sitting by the fountain, reading.

He straightened his jacket and walked over to her

"Well well well, what do we have here?" He said.

She looked up at him and smiled. 

"Oh Jose, what a nice surprise." She said.

"Oh, it's you. Why did you go? I tried to find you. Oh this is such wonderful luck." He said.

He took her hand and kissed it.

"Well, I'm happy to see you again too." She said.

"Did you just move in?" He asked.

"Oh yes. I just moved in. I live over there." She said.

She pointed to the little white house which was right next door to the one that was straight across from the shack.

"What a lovely house. Well, allow me to be the first to welcome you to the neighborhood." He said.

"Thank you." She said.

"May I?" He asked, motioning to the seat next to her.

"Be my guest." She said.

He sat right next to her.

"I am sorry I left. But there was something I had to take care of. Unpacking and what not." She said.

"There is no need to apologize, my dear. If you will forgive me for saying you look even more lovely than the last time I saw you and I just had to find you again." He said.

"Hold it. Much prettier ladies in town than little ole Jessica. I mean look around ya." She said.

Jose moved in closer and took her hand.

"No thank you. You have your very own natural beauty that I cannot resist." He said, kissing her hand again. 

She blushed.

"You know, every time we run into each other, your wearing a sun hat. If you don't mind, may I please see you without one? I wish to see your beauty in the sun light." Jose said.

She smiled and removed her hat. 

She then looked up at Jose.

All he could do was gaze into her beautiful hazel eyes. 

"You are a Venus." He said.

She blushed. 

"Are you always this charming or am I just lucky?" She asked.

He chuckled.

"I have my ways. You know, this may seem a bit sudden, but I would be honored if you would have dinner with me. What do you say?" He asked.

"I'd be happy to. How about tomorrow night?" She asked.

"Tomorrow night it is. Ciao Bella." Jose said. 

He kissed her hand once more and walked away.

She blushed. 

"Wow. I haven't been here three days and I already have my first date." She said. 

She then stood up and looked at her dress. 

"I gotta go find something to wear." She ran to her house.

Jose walked into the shack.

"Jose, where were you? We were so worried about you." Xandra said.

"No need to worry, my dear. I was just out enjoying the fresh air." Jose said.

"So your feeling better?" Panchito asked.

"Better? I feel fine. In fact, I feel just amazing. Now if you'll excuse me. I need to get ready for my date tomorrow night." He said, going to his room.

"A date? Wait a minute. All this was about a girl?" Donald asked.

"Oh so that's why he was acting weird. Jose isn't sick. Jose is in love." Xandra said.

"That's a surprise, considering he hits on every cute girl he sees." May said.

"There is someone for everyone. Even the constant charmers. Eventually, they find that perfect girl and they want her and her alone. That's what's happening to Jose." June said.

"Well, it's not like this is a crisis. As long as he keeps the Three Caballeros a secret." Xandra said.