Jealous

A few days later, Jessica was going down to the pool in a new swimsuit she bought.

But when she arrived, she caught sight of Jose with some other girls.

Each of them were smiling at him, one light his cigar for him, some were flirting and dreamily looking at him.

She left in a jealous rage.

Jose noticed her walking away.

He excuse himself from the other girls and ran to her.

"Jessica, my love. What is the matter?" He asked.

She crossed her arms, and gave him an upset look. 

"I saw you with those women." She said, tearing up.

"Oh darling that wasn't what it looked like. I promise you. Please let me explain." He said.

Jessica knew that was the mature thing to do.

"Okay. What was going on?" She asked.

"Seems my reputation as a romancer is worldwide. Considering I have traveled everywhere. The women that were surrounding me knew who I was. And I was explaining to them that I have given up on all that. Because of you." He said.

"Come on, Jose. That's who you are." She said.

He took her hands. 

"Jessica, that was the old me. Everything has changed. Ever since you have appeared in my life, I haven't even thought about another woman. You have become more important to me than any woman in the world." He said.

He kissed her forehead. 

"Most important." He said.

He held her close.

She laid her head on his chest.

"You're so lovely." He said. 

"Tomorrow we get to Paris and we will have the time of our lives. Just the two of us." He said.

She smiled. 

"Okay, I guess I jumped to conclusions. I'm sorry. I just didn't want to lose you. I love you very much." She said.

"You never will. Because I love you too. Always have and always will." He said.

"You sure are a smooth Brazilian." She said.

Jose chuckled. 

"True, but love has no nationality. Love is the same all over the world." He said.

"That's true." She smiled.

"That smile outshines the sun." He said.

"Well, you can see it all you want tonight. I got asked to sing tonight." She said.

"Why that's wonderful. I'll be watching in the front row." He said.

"Luckily, I asked the concierge to reserve a table just for you in the front." She said.

The two shared one more kiss and Jose left her to prepare for her show.

Jessica went over to the vase of roses Jose gave her and pulled one out.

"I'm the luckiest girl in the world." She said, holding the rose close.