Chapter 29 - True Love's Kiss

"How do we wake her up?" I faintly heard Neville's voice say.

"True love's kiss could be an option. I'll go if you-" I heard Ginny's voice that was cut off by the prior.

"Or we could use an alarm clock."

"Or you needn't do either because your talking is loud enough," I said as I sat up and rubbed my eyes.

"Get dressed, we're going to the Quidditch World Cup," Ginny said throwing a pair of jeans and a white top at my face. "You too Neville," she said tossing him jeans and a red t-shirt.

"Have fun," Ginny said with a smug smile as she exited the room and closed the door behind her.

"I'll go out. You change, when you're done, I'll go." I suggested to which Neville nodded.

As I went towards the door and attempted to open the door, I realised that Ginny had locked it. "I'm gonna kill Ginny," I mumbled under my breath.

"What's wrong?" Neville asked.

"Ginevra locked us," I replied.

"She did it on purpose, didn't she?"

"Of course she did."

"So the only solution is that we look in different directions and change."

"What else can we do?"

I turned my back so that it was facing Neville's before we started changing. Once I changed into my clothes, I turned around, completely forgetting about Neville.

When I did, I saw Neville shirtless, only wearing jeans. I stared at his back for a few moments before he turned around.

When he did, I got a view of his muscular chest. It looked slightly toned and had slight lines for abs. How does this guy always have a glow up over summer?

"Anne!" He exclaimed as he waved his hand in front of me to get my attention.

"S-sorry," I said with a slur.

"It's alright."

My gaze shifted from his chest to his lips. We stood in an awkward silence for a few seconds before the gap between our lips started to close, it kept decreasing until there was no gap left.

His lips harmoniously moved against mine, deepening the kiss as my hands buried into his hair and his hands found their way around my waist, pulling me closer. I wanted this moment to never stop...but we don't always get what we want.

"You guys can watch them snog, I'm going for breakfast. I'm too hungry for their PDA." I heard Ron's voice.

I and Neville immediately pulled away only to see Fred, George, Ginny, Hermione and Harry glaring at Ron by the doorway. Shit.

"Oops...?" Ron awkwardly said.

"What the hell people!" Neville yelled to them as he held his shirt to his chest in an attempt to cover himself.

"Good work Weasley." Harry stated as he gave Ginny a high-five.

"Thanks Potter." She retorted.

"You both are dead." I said glaring at the duo as the rest of them left.

"In that case, we should leave," Ginny said as she lead Harry out of the room.

Once they left, I turned to Neville who was in the process of wearing his T-shirt.

"We sh- We should go for breakfast," I told him once he wore his shirt.

*At the breakfast table*

"What took you kids so long?" Mrs Weasley asked, directing the question at Me, Neville, Ginny, Ron, Hermione, Harry and the twins.

"Some of us had a pretty start to the day," Fred said winking at me as he took a seat at the table

"Whatever that means." his mother said as she shrugged with a confused look on her face.

Ginny sat to my right while Harry sat to my left. "Didn't I say true love's kiss is the way to go to wake you up?" Ginny said in a low voice only loud enough for me and Harry to hear.

Harry lightly snorted at Ginny's comment while I glared at her as my cheeks burned.

"His eyes as green as a fresh pickled-" I started to sing the poem Ginny wrote for my brother on valentines day in our first year when Lockhart had bought dwarves to the school and she had gotten one to sing it for Harry.

"Stop." Harry and Ginny interrupted one second apart. I victoriously smirked at the duo as they finally shut up and then resumed eating my omelette.