7.2 Surrendering to Maybe!

"It was written I should be loyal to the nightmare of my choice."

Joseph Conrad, Heart of Darkness

***

But just like her prayers in her last breath, she had a beautiful life.

I let out a happy sigh, retreating the sulking laptop from the sofa; I must send the required details by tonight for they—

My trail of thoughts break for the neatly pressed paper reveals itself; I had almost forgotten about it in the fictional world, I realize, it was my difficult reality from which I was seeking shelter in the world of words and imagination.

Heaving out a sigh, I pick it, the initials of the Guardian standing out in the entire text.

Can I accept this? Another play set for me?

Should I be played again?

But I don't wish to...!

Finding my phone, with only one name in mind, I press the initials to call before placing it against my ear. My fingers tinkle like the electric device is passing me current, I wait for the call to be picked up but it dies after a couple of rings.

Groaning, I choose to call Jason, but stop, shaking my head, I again punch my teacher's number but he disappointed me by leaving me unattended.

The surroundings knock their presence in my mind, I find myself in the garden, realizing I dragged myself here unconsciously.

The sun is almost set, leaving the remnants of whatever light is left awaiting to be vanished, the sky is fairly clear, only a few clouds are accompanying the sky in its red-blue hue.

So, it'll be warm tonight! I speculate, looking up at the evening sky with adoration. The trees are in mood today, branches playing with each other when wind blows their way. Their movement stirs the serenity of surroundings; I surmise it'd be quiet if not for them.

I drop against the huge Mango tree in the garden, the grass moist and cool after Tiara's watering; my pajamas soak in the moisture but instead I feel happy.

Leaning back, I tighten my hold on the corner of the paper, unable to decide, unable to comprehend.

How a sorted life changed into the abyss of chaos, I tried to solve every chaos but I was dragged deeper, one after another the web-cob of unfathomable wraps around me.

Unable to decide, I close my eyes; concentrating on the chirping of birds singing on the trees and swaying branches, it'll be dark soon; soon, I'll be engulfed into murk.

A loud growl crashes against the surroundings, silencing the trees and the birds; I jolt up, opening my eyes and declare my surprise to the guest of night.

Golden orbs aflame in sheer serenity, it leaps through the fencing and land on the moist soil of garden with grace, before taking slow calculative steps toward me. My heart thumps in my chest before settling into peace.

Miracle!

I smile which take no time to blow into one grin when it nears me; it snarls at my way before its snout settles on my neck; I bite back a shiver as tinkles erupt through my entire body. Warm breaths fondling my skin and I find my hand already caressing its thick mane of furs, the silky softness soothing me.