PART - II

High-profile party functionaries had urgently called upon Jadhav's mansion for a serious meeting regarding plans over damage management the following forenoon.

They were settled in the living room while minutely as well as worriedly gauged the deterioration created to their party and its prime face for the upcoming state legislative election

The moment yesterday's event in his seminar went viral, the biased media that had been silently cutting the roots of the fourth pillar of democracy for years by not only distracting the public from the main issues but also propagating fake news which spread hatred for mere money and legal favours were now questioning the government while trying to be the winner of the rat race for maximum TRP.

Not surprising though.

While the leaders were busy listening to what the star anchor from one of their pet news channels had to say, the sound of Jadhav's every step echoed in the living room, gaining everyone's attention to himself. He silently approached them and stood unaffected while glimpsing continuously flashing breaking news.

When he couldn't stand his venomous words against him for a single minute, he grabbed a vase and threw it with the television screen as the prime target in sheer anger, breaking it into thousands of pieces which led to a long prevailed silence among the men.

"This will not work." A man dressed in a white kurta and pyjama, another potential to be a CM candidate and his prime rival within the party, commented in a sarcastic tone.

Jadhav took a long sigh in frustration with unsettling anger and sat on the one-seater sofa in complete silence. Many in the party had already decided to take a neutral stand, in that case, to safeguard themselves from the slurs while some had already begun to wove their way towards the throne of the CM, pulling Jadhav back both inside and outside the party.

However, Jadhav, the ace of that game, was not too naive to feel the sudden change in the course of wind that had the potential to destroy him, if not tamed on time.

"How have you planned to handle this situation?"

When the last query was not answered, another man interrogated, in an endeavour to know what was running in his brain.

"As of now, shove money and shut the media's mouth from spilling more beans."

He replied in a cold voice, while slightly massaging his forehead in an attempt to reduce headache, a result of extreme stress and the curse of not getting a single second of sleep last night.

"The fire will not only burn you but our party's impression is also at stake. Beware the party's name should not be anyways tarnished."

One cautioned while everyone else agreed to that point. There was not at all any deny in it. As Jadhav had not any durable idea to get rid of that barb on his image, he chose silence as the best pick at that juncture. He behaved as if he didn't even hear anything.