PART - III

Six months later-

"Supreme court has granted clean chit to Jadhav Chaudhary, the prime suspect of Aparna's murder case. While Janvi's case is already wrapped up due to a lack of pieces of evidence last month. What do you have to comment about it?"

Someone questioned, placing a mic before Ansari amidst the pull and push among the reporters.

Six months had passed to that tragic night when Aparna was raped and burned to death. The case had been a heated issue since then and Ansari became a popular face steering the protest for rectitude to the sisters.

"Your viewpoint on closure Janvi's rape case due to lack of proofs again." Another one screamed from behind.

Ansari had just stepped out from the court premise only to be surrounded by herds of journalists. Nothing had changed. Except for Atif Ansari's popularity which was thriving day by day to the degree that political pundits had already put a seal on his massive triumph in the state election.

"The culprit will not be spared. I have full faith in the Indian judiciary." He responded during a futile attempt to pass through them.

"What are your strategies regarding it?" One queried meanwhile a few of his security personnel approached and started making a way for him towards his car.

"Your every question will be answered in today's press conference at our party headquarter. For now, excuse me."

"Sir? Sir?" The reporters screamed while trying to follow him as ants do to the sugar. Ansari folded his hands and bowed with gratitude before settling in the passenger seat of his car and ordering the driver to take him to the party headquarter.

He closed his eyes and with a deep sigh while gained a relaxed posture for a short power nap. Meanwhile, he authorized the driver to turn on the music with a sinful expression with the thoughts of Jadhav and the night when Aparna lost her life.

Six months ago (That night) -

As asked Aparna settled in the car sent by Ansari. Three security personnel assigned by Ansari for Apnana's safety also settled on the passenger seat.

Aparna sighed at her life. She just wanted to live a peaceful life with her sister. Was it even too much to ask for? She tiredly recollected every beautiful memory she had shared with her sister, followed by the helplessness she felt with her demise and those unheard wails for justice for years.

Their parents had died years ago in an accident. Their extended family withdrew their hands when they had to take their responsibilities. They thus had to spend their remaining days of childhood in an orphanage.

As Janvi had completed her graduation and rented an apartment for both of them, Aparna finally thought their misfortune ended. But alas their happiness was short-lived. Being brought up under the protective shadow of her sister, the mishap with Janvi shattered her completely. That was the day she professed to provide her justice even at the cost of her life.

She had one gratification now that finally, her sister could get justice. She always knew what a terrible person Ansari was but her powerlessness forced her to join her hands with him.

She didn't mind being a glint to his political career if she had to be rewarded with long-sought justice.

Her trail of thoughts was disturbed by a forced brake of the car. In no time, she noticed being surrounded by a few cars. Several thugs got out intending to attack Aparna.

The three escorts immediately connected to the security head and demanded backups. They then hopped outside the car with an intent to retaliate after instructing Aparna and the driver to neither open the car nor get out in any condition.

Soon it turned into a serious fight. There was only three security personnel at Aparna's side while the other party had come well prepared. She fearfully dials 100 but before the call could connect, a few goons had already started to hit the glass window, making her hold onto her mobile and concentrate weak in panic.

Meanwhile, those bodyguards were already bitterly injured and lying lifelessly entirely soaked in blood on the road. Aparna and the driver helplessly vouched for the ominous spectacle while pursuing some miraculously immediate rescue.

After a contentious attempt of a few minutes, those glasses window and car panel finally shattered, making the situation scarier. They fearfully and precipitously covered their faces to prevent hurting themselves from the glass pieces.

Who knew it was just the beginning. Aparna was hauled outside from the car and dragged by her hair to a nearby field. She went through the same fate as her sister. Her body was highly violated and in the end, they sprinkled kerosene over the body that was barely breathing and set her on fire without a slight amount of remorse.

Alas, neither she could bring justice to get her sister nor save herself from going through an analogous doom.

They satisfactorily watched her pyre with huge pleasure being the last step of the task before reaping handsome rewards from their master. They soon exited the field after making sure they didn't leave any trace.

"Your work is done."

One among them had made a call to their boss and commented with a chuckle while basking the gusts of a cigarette.

'You know what you have to do next." Ansari on the other line stated in a deep husky voice while glancing at Arnab and Sudhir through the glass window of the news studio office.

"Yes sir."

The call ended quickly with that reply and Ansari replaced his wicked expressions with a pleasant smile before approaching the two venal journalists.

-----THE END-----

कितने चेहरे लगे हैं चेहरों पर, क्या हक़ीक़त है और सियासत क्या

क्या हक़ीक़त है और सियासत क्या