Chapter 11 Preview

He was seriously considering finding a quiet place and just start screaming when something hit him in the head. A ball of paper rolled at his feet. "Hey, Jammingway, come here." He turned to find Jirou standing there, an unreadable expression on her face.

A bit out of it, he followed her into a surprisingly empty commons room. The rest of the students were either still sleeping (Ashido, Mineta), doing extra work (Iida, Yaomomo), working out (Kirishima, Midoriya, Bakugo), or just doing their own thing (everyone else). Two guitars sat there.

"We're going to practice today," she said with finality. He wasn't going to argue, he was happy for the distraction.

They went through the chords and played simple songs. By the time noon rolled around, he actually felt like he could breath.

Jirou looked at him intently. He kind of felt exposed in a weird way. He shrunk back. "What?"

She nodded decisively. "You look better now. Good. You've looked like someone killed your puppy for the last few days."

He could feel himself turn red. God, he was bad at this.

He looked back down at the guitar in his hands. It was a cool black color, with purple accents. Suddenly, a song popped into his head and his fingers itched. It was an American song. He couldn't remember the name, but he could remember the lyrics.

Watch me stand in line
You're only serving lies
You've got something to hide
We gon' burn the whole house down

"What's that?"

He started. And then, to his horror, he realized that, with his new guitar knowledge, he'd strummed out the chords from memory.

He forced a laugh. "Ah, I don't know, just something I heard on the radio."

It technically wasn't even a lie.

________________________________________________________________________________

Alright, people, this chapter might take me awhile, so here's the preview. Thoughts and opinions are always welcome 😁.