Chapter 5: Run Into The Storm

Kaminari's heart was in his throat. "You idiot," he hissed. "Put your mask back on." Susanoo laughed. "Oh, take a chill pill. We already disabled the cameras." That did not calm Kaminari down at all. Seeing his brother wasn't exactly a calming experience in and of itself. It brought a nauseating mix of concern and terror rolling in his stomach.

He couldn't help the questing look he sent over his brother, making sure there were no injuries. And he couldn't help the mini-heart attack he had when he saw he was bleeding from his arm. "Susanoo–" he started, reaching for the wound. Only to have his hand slapped away.

"Don't touch me," he snarled. "I'm perfectly fine–that piss-ant didn't do much damage. And what were you thinking, using that ability in front of them? Honestly, I think you have to have only 2 brain cells–and both of them are dumb as shitbricks."

Now Kaminari remembered why he hated Bakugo so much when they met–if he didn't know better now, Bakugo would be a mirror image of his brother in the sewer crap mixed with garbage personality department. But unlike Bakugo, he didn't want to argue with this guy. He hated to admit it, but as soon as he was snapped at, he curled into himself like a kicked puppy. Damn it all, nothing's changed.

He forced himself to continue, suddenly oh so tired. And his legs were starting to cramp. "Just tell me what I'm here for," he quavered, as he shifted his weight, trying to help the pain.

Susanoo chucks a new burner phone at him. He barely caught it in time to avoid it hitting him in the face. "There's your new phone. And a little piece of info for you, as well–the Meta Liberation Army–do you know what that is, or do I need to explain that to you?" He snorted

Kaminari stared at him cautiously. "I thought they'd been disbanded years ago."

Susanoo shrugged. "Yeah, well, guess fucking again. Shigaraki has taken over their assets. Also, the Doc's joined up now." Kaminari started at that, momentarily forgetting both his fear and his pain.

"What?!" He nearly shouted, almost jumping to his feet before his legs greatly protested that action. So, he remained on the ground, grinding his teeth, his heart pounding with a nauseating mix of hope and terror. "Then Princess–have you heard anything?!" He could've choked on those words.

"Yeah, I have."

Kaminari had a moment of overwhelming relief before the anger flooded in. "You asshole," he snarled. "Why didn't you tell me immediately?!" Susanoo's answer was a simple shrug. He almost couldn't breath from the sheer rage that filled him at just how cold that response was. "Do you have any idea what I've been through to see her okay?" His voice shook from the emotion in it. "And you just shrug it off?!

"And don't think I don't smell the alcohol on you or the smoke!" He smelled like a bar and a freight train had a weird, mutated baby. "Do you even care about her or where you busy getting off–" Susanoo cut him off–along with his oxygen supply. Kaminari struggled to breath as Susanoo picked him up by the throat.

He weakly hit Susanoo's arms, trying to get him to drop him. But it was no use. Susanoo wasn't letting up and he had no air. "Don't," Susanoo enunciated, "you dare tell me what I feel or don't feel. And don't try and get all high and mighty with me just cause you're running with the hero kiddies right now. Remember, you just as bad as I am, if not worse."

Just as Kaminari thought he'd pass out, Susanoo dropped him. Upon landing, his legs gave such a sharp pain, that he immediately threw up. He gasped for breath, nearly choking on his own vomit. He heard Susanoo crouch down beside him and slip something into his pocket before whispering into his ear, "After all, I've never killed before."