Fire walls

I woke up feeling refreshed and ready to leave the forest. I thought about what the old man said when we first arrived. If we didn't meet that damn fox today when leaving the forest, then we probably won't see her.

I looked around to see kirishima sleeping as always, he almost never woke up before me. I got ready and packed our stuff making sure we were ready to explore more, I was determined to find the dragons a safe home. I kept packing until all of our stuff was packed and ready to go, I made sure of that. After packing I went over to kirishima and woke him. He was, as normal, extremely tired, to be honest I was kinda worried he wasn't getting enough sleep but I'd never tell that to his face.

" good morning bakubro..." He yawned while stretching his wings and hands.

" Get ready we're getting breakfast down stairs then we're gone" I said sharply.

" alright..." He said getting up and walking to the pile of clothes he had on the ground.

When kirishima was ready we went downstairs to eat. There was free food in the morning and so we got some, I got eggs and bacon and kirishima got a big raw steak.

When we finished eating we went out, ready to leave the town. We walked past the kitsune statue, I kept wondering if we really weren't gonna see her. To be honest I wouldn't mind seeing a kitsune, I had never seen one because in my mothers kingdom there were people who hated the life out of kitsunes, just because they were powerful. When we got out of the town kirishima started talking about places that might be good for his kind, we had an agreement that inside the abandoned forest could be a nice place.

As we continued to walk, Kirishima seemed kinda worried.

" What is wrong now?" I said passive aggressively.

" I don't know my flight or fight responses just..." He explained.

" mmmh.... Suspicious." I said looking at the nervous dragon.

Dragons sometimes knew when something bad was about to happen, it was like an extra ability. Right after a swarm of blue flame came out of nowhere, the flame was hotter than kirishima's flame. The flame hit kirishima but since he is a dragon, the fire didn't affect him that much but the force of the flame made him fall back and hit a rock. The knockback from the fire wall was very strong. Before I could check if he was okay a man that looked like beef jerky came out of the forest, his hair was the color of coal, his eyes was a beautiful ocean blue, he was fairly muscular and had a sword ready to slice anyone. I was about to attack him before he shot a blue fire wall at me, I was able to dodge but with the cost of a little bit of my scarlet cape.

" WHO ARE YOU, YOU DAMN BI-" I stared before getting cut off by another blast of ocean flames.

".... I am just here for that dragon" The beef jerky man said.

I got even more worried because he was after my bestfriend. I promised him that I would protect the dragons, that includes him.

" LIKE HELL I'LL GIVE YOU HIM" I said before using my explosion magic on him.

Beef jerky man tried to dodge the explosions but wasn't fast enough, he got a few burn marks. He sent another fire wall at me, again, I was starting to think he only could do but right as I thought that when I dodge the fire, he was right behind it and got me in my arms with his sword.

I was knocked into the ground and before I knew it I was starting to lose consciousness. I knew it was dangerous to be knocked out in front of this violent man that was after kirishima. I tried to fight the sleepiness but I was losing consciousness pretty fast.

I got confused because the sleepiness was almost too much, but then I heard someone other than me and kirishima talking, they had a calming yet rough voice. I started hearing what sounded like a fight. I guessed that the fight didn't last long because the footsteps of someone running away were heard. I heard footsteps that were walking towards me, I panicked since I didn't know who was walking, it could be that beef jerky dude or the other person. The person shaked me gently and said something I couldn't process. I was able to open my eyes for a second to see a kitsune mask, they said something else but I still couldn't process it. Before I knew it I was gone, I passed out on the ground Infront of a person after trying to fight a beef jerky man.

Your pov:

After defeating the man who called himself Dabi, I checked out the injured dragon and the injured human on the ground, the dragon was half awake so I decided to check on the human on the ground first, he seemed to be passing out before he actually passed out. I picked him up and went over to the dragon to see if he was able to walk or if he was passing out as well.

" ahem, are you alright can you walk?'' I asked him gently.

" I-I'm fine... I think I can walk" The dragon said before trying to stand up.

He stood up, he seemed to be dizzy but he was able to walk and carry his stuff. I helped him walk towards my house, I knew I didn't know them, as far as I knew I couldn't leave them out here. The walk to my house was 2 hour long but it went by fast because me and the dragon called kirishima started to talk. He was a sweet young dragon, yet even though they had a reason to be here, I didn't still fully trust them but hey the man I carried was kinda cute anyways.

words: 1010
Date: 04.06.2021