Chapter 4: inside

Making it into the mansion was the easy part. The door had been unlocked. The entire place was a mess, dust everywhere. Holes in the wooden floor. All the furniture was covered with plastic.

I decided my best chance would be to stay quiet. The cold air that had followed me here disappeared, which made me feel uneasy for some reason.

A chair across from me flew towards me at an alarming speed. Just barely jumping out of the way I looked in the direction of where the chair had flown at me from only to see that no one was there. The sound of wood falling to the ground caught my attention and all I saw was the chair now in millions of pieces.

I didn't have a choice but to keep moving. However shaken up I was. I moved forward than something tugged at my bag pulling me back onto the ground. My mirror fell from my pocket and I saw a glimpse of a figure floating behind me. Turning around i haden't seen anything but when I grabbed the mirror to look again not just one but ten figures were around me. They were tiny creatures with faces wrinkled to the point of not being able to see their eyes.

Something pulled on my camera and I pulled back fighting to keep my belongings. With a flash and a small screech I looked into my camera to find that all the tiny things were no where to be seen.

Sitting on the ground my heart pounding in my chest I took a couple deep breaths to steady my heart and take in what had just happened.

So this place was really haunted. And the only way I could see them was through a mirror. And the only way I could kill them was with my camera.

Slowly standing up and looking around I saw Lidia's journal on the piano. Walking over to it a note laid on top of it: The women wears white. For that is her favorite color. Yet she feasts on red. For that is her second favorite color.

Reading the note a second time before putting it in my bag along with Lidia's journal. I looked around and decided I should explore the downstairs area first. Than the rest of the house.