Chapter 6: second floor

The second floor somehow seemed bigger than the first, maybe it's the open area. Or just the excess amount of rooms i now have to search.

Making it to the hallway I heard crying. Bursting into a sprint hoping its Lidia I burst through the room only to find no one was there. Just the sound of crying. Sighing I looked through my camera. (In case your wondering there is a small mirror inside camera lenses).

A small woman not much older than me was curled up in a ball in the corner. Nervously I clicked the button taking a picture of the woman. But nothing seemed to happen. Taking three more I still saw her. Unfazed.

Nervously I backed out of the room and closed the door quietly. I kept looking around that floor for what seemed like hours tell I came across Lidia's backpack. Stuffed with a key with a small label on it: The lady in whites' room. Attached to the key was a note: Die Dame in Weiß waits patiently. Ready to feast on red. She has gone centuries without red. Oh, how she misses it.

Carrying the key I rushed up the stairs through the door to find myself in a narrow hallway. The door slammed behind me and I felt something on my shoulders. Pressing deep into my neck with daggers I screamed out in pain. This seemed to amuse whatever was on me because it let out a small laugh. I began walking forward toward the mirror at the end of the corridor. I could just barely make out something dark on my back.

Again daggers pierced my neck falling to the ground in pain I felt blood trickle down my skin. Taking a deep breath I took another step forward holding my camera ready I saw a dark fleshy woman on my back her fingers ripping deep into my skin. Frightened I clicked twice shattering the glass as well as making the woman scream in pain. "Ha take that!" I said triumphantly.

Than the nails dug deeper, leaning against the wall for support I looked at the four mirrors lining the walls. Knowing what to do i quickly went to each one taking pictures tell they shattered and I heard whatever was on my back scream. Than the final one. Finally I took two more and the glass shattered along with the feeling of relief as the pain in my neck left me.

Checking my neck with my hands I realized nothing had happened. I was fine. Yet I was still in pain. I kept moving through the room. Finding a closed door that was locked. Shaking it slightly angered.

Muffled voices came from the other side of the door and I remembered the key that I had found. Quickly pulling it out and unlocking the door I opened it.

Only to find no one was there.