Chapter 10: Life among other things

The entrance to the mansion slowly appeared around me. Looking around nervously oxygen filled my chest. My heart beat quickened as I sat up. My camera was shattered. My gun... of course. I had forgotten about it. I could have killed that woman. Should have.

        Suddenly my phone started buzzing like crazy. Reaching into my pocket I grabbed it. 23 messages. BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ. 57 messages. All of them from my parents or from Lidia: Where are you? Hey I'm home wanna spend the night? Hello? Meg? hello? 

        Than my parents: Where are you? You never came home from school. Are you alright? Hello? I'm calling the cops. This better not be some sick joke! Your mother and I are worried sick. 

        Than suddenly the doors flew open. Lights shined in my face and I looked away blinded. Flashing red and blue lights in the distance. One of the men grabbed their phone and called someone. "Hello, yes we found her. She's fine. Were taking her home now." 

        The other cop walked over to me and shined the light in my face. "Are you okay? Do you hurt anywhere? Are you intoxicated? 

        I decided to stay silent and shake my head. Was this all a dream? No, it wouldn't have been could it? I was here. Alone. The place was a wreck like it was after those tiny things went after me. 

        Next thing i knew i was back home, mom and dad were hugging me and asking if i was okay, what had happened. But i knew if i had said anything i would be sure to be locked up in an insane asylum. 

        "I don't know. I blacked out and next thing i knew i was in that room. My phone was going crazy with texts from you guys, than the cops came." Eventually the excitement died down and my parents went to bed. I walked up the stairs and into my room. Looking in the mirror on the side of my wall i nervously waited for something to happen. Something to jump out at me. 

        Nothing did. I took off my clothes and put on my pajamas than laid in bed after turning off the light. staring at the ceiling I suddenly felt uneasy. Like something was watching me. I quickly reached over and turned on the light. Sure enough the angel I had seen earlier was watching me. 

        " Du sind meine!" (You are mine!) Lunging at me her mouth open showing sharp dagger like teeth i flinched and looked away. But nothing happened. Looking up at where she was she was no longer there. But a note sat on my lap: The Lady in white has found red. As well as her black. Black will also thirst for red. Red is sweet.