The Day Of Surprises

The day in the Midoriya house, Hisashi's snores filling the room, Tenko and Inko in the kitchen making breakfast, the coffee pot running. 

They did it together every morning before the blue haired boy went to school. Tenko was the son of Hisashi's sister who died in birth, the father bailing the minute he found out she was pregnant. 

The Midoriya's didn't hesitate in giving him a place in their home, raising him as their own, but of course he made sure he knew.

 Tenko was told when he was four years old, Inko and Hisashi Midoriya were not his biological parents, but they loved him all the same, and when he was older, they would tell him stories about his mother.

Tenko was held in Inko's arms as he grabbed a cup, jumping when the cup turned to ash. His red eyes watered, that was his father's favorite cup, he and Inko had it specially made for his birthday. 

"Tenko, sweetie?" The five year old looked up, when had he been put down? Hisashi and Inko smiled softly, the male was holding a pair of finger-less leather gloves, the entire pinkie covered. 

"Your mom had a quirk that let her set things on fire when she touched things with all five fingers and your father had a quirk that broke down outer layers, these were hers, she planned to give them to you. She figured you'd have a combined quirk." Hisashi said as he helped his son put the gloves on, wiping the boys tears away.

"Your not scared?" Tenko asked softly, fiddling with the bottom of his shirt, he was scared, what if he did what he did to them what he to the cup. Inko lifted him up, placing him on her hip, placing a kiss on his cheek.

 "You know mommy is a scaredy cat right? I'm scared of bugs, rats, scary movies, villains, heights, your father cooking, and so much more, but you will never be on that list, because you are my little prince. Nothing will change that." The green haired woman said softly before setting him at the table, ushering Hisashi to do the same. 

"I have a doctor's appointment today, want to come with? After that we can go to a specialist and get all the details of your quirk." Inko offered as she set plates down in front of her two favorite people. "Day with mommy." The boy cheered, the parents smiled fondly at him.

***

"Is mommy okay?" Tenko asked from where he sat on her lap, the doctor had taken a sonogram before leaving again. "Your mom is just fine, but you are going to have two younger siblings to look after." The doctor said making the five year old eyes widen before he started bouncing happily. 

"Really where are they?" The blue haired boy shouted happily making Inko giggle though her eyes were watering. She and Hisashi always talked about having kids once Tenko was old enough, and now was the chance.

 "They are both in your mother's belly." Doctor Sakura tried to explain, but that just horrified the child.

Tenko turned to Inko who was trying not to laugh at him. "You ate my siblings?" The blue haired boy exclaimed angrily, looking at his mother as if she was a villain overlord. 

"No, mommy is just protecting them." Inko explained, smiling at the doctor, she had to be different about how she explained. 

"Remember how Aunt Mitsuki has the baby in her tummy? It's too small to be safe from the dangers of the world, so she has to keep it safe until he's big enough. That's what mommy is doing. I just need to keep them safe for a little longer before you can meet them." Inko explained softly making the boy nod in understanding. 

"So I'll have two siblings and a cousin?" The boy beamed happily, he never told his parents, but when he heard that his aunt and uncle were having a baby, he wanted his parents to have one as well. Now he was getting two of them.

***

Inko smiled as she watched Tenko carry one of the grocery bags, there was only some chips in there, but he was determined to help his mom, stating that she needs to focus all her strength in protecting the babies. The green haired woman frowned hearing a cough then a sniffle. 

"Come on little prince." Inko urged, they both went over, frowning at the boy laying there. "Hey." Tenko said getting the boys attention, he scrambled away, his wet clothes gaining more dirt. 

Inko reached a hand out slightly, making sure to always be in his line of sight. "Come on." Inko called, waiting for the teen to grab her hand.

Shouta stared at the duo, they had bags in their hands, yet they still stopped, and held out hand. The boy was staring at him in concern and awe, he hesitated before grabbing it, the boy nodded before taking some bags from his mother and shoved them into his hands. 

"Mommy needs her strength to protect the babies, so until we get home you have to carry the bags." Tenko ordered before taking the males had to pull him under the umbrella and out the rain. "A-are you sure?" He asked quietly, getting a soft smile from the woman. "Of course, I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if I let a child sleep on the streets."

Heroes have passed him on the street, maybe bought him a meal, but none have ever actually offered him a place to sleep, yet this woman and her child did. She may not be licensed but she was a hero to him.