CHAPTER SIXTY-NINE

ELOWEN STOOD there with an evil look that would send shivers down someone's spine. Her grey eyes seemed haunted with bloodlust. They whispered her dark thoughts better than her own words could.

She stood tall in the center of the chamber, juniper attached to her hip like the dog he is. Elowen threw her arm across Juniper's shoulders which seemed to give him a sense of confidence. If only he knew that confidence meant nothing to the eyes of his beholders. She ran her fingers through Juniper's hair, carelessly tangling them in his roots. She gripped his hair and forced him to his knees. He hissed in pleasure.

"I knew you'd come for her," she chuckled darkly, "So predictable. Her friends and her lover scour everywhere to find the lost girl. Oh, whatever would she do without you?" she feigned a gasp, "I guess the real question would be whatever would you all do without her?"

Méabh pulled her weapon forth, "Who are you? Where is Aislin?" Her words jolted the rest of us out of our delirium while making us aware of the situation. Everyone drew their weapons, pushing Divya and Arley behind us and away from the danger, but I remained motionless. A burning sensation spread throughout my body from my chest. She isn't here. "It was you," I mumbled. My voice was raw with emotion, and my eyes were filled with fragments of the pain this woman had caused me. "You took her away from me." All Elowen did was smile and tilt her head.

"Leland...who is she?" August asked quietly, resting his hand on my shoulder. Perhaps in comfort or maybe it was to keep me from embarrassing myself, but nothing in me cared. My emotions were as important as anyone else's, and I was free to express them. I'm still a human being, man or not.

"Elowen Cannon. Silvester Cannon's daughter and supposedly Aislin's best friend. The one who convinced her to take this job in the first place." If the room wasn't stiff enough, it was more so. The sheer rage emanating from everyone behind me could suffocate me. It clouded my senses.

Blakely-Rose let out a loud burst of dark laughter. I was taken aback by what I saw when I looked at her. Blakely-Rose was always the more reserved type. She was a great warrior, but she was always so quiet and seemed to avoid serious confrontation, but the Blakely-Rose I saw now was a fearless woman whose eyes glowed with evil delight in the fire light. "Oh, I get it," she smirked lightly, "You're peeved, hence this little," she paused, "..display."

"You're a monster," Kingsley hissed.

Elowen just laughed and threw Juniper to the floor, "Better a monster than some arrogant hero like you all." Juniper slowly started to stand back up next to her.

Willow looked at him with betrayal. As if Juniper hadn't already caused him much pain, this was a pain that could never be forgiven. "How could you?" he uttered.

Juniper just laughed to himself, holding his head in one hand and his ribs in the other. "A hot lady approached me and said, if I helped her, I would receive my revenge, and now I have an attractive new girl." He took his hand away from his head and wrapped it around Elowen's waist, drawing her in closer.

He was about to kiss her when he was stopped by a voice. "Get your filthy hands off of my fiancé!" Prince Koa stood at the top of the stairwell. He dismissed us as he came down the stairwell and went straight to Juniper and Elowen, his fury radiating from him.

Juniper simply looked at Koa with arrogance, whereas Elowen's once haunting eyes flashed in fear before returning to normal. "You're fiance? What do you mean? She's mine."

Elowen chuckled and stepped out of Juniper's grasp, "You stupid boy. Did you really think I'd be with you? You were just a little pawn in my game." She placed her hands on Koa's shoulder. To her surprise, Koa brushed her off and glared at her.

"You dare lay your hands on me after letting another man hold you. Have you no shame?" Koa seethed, "You carry the product of our love in your stomach, and you let another man hold you and claim you as his?"

"It wasn't anything." she defended, "I let him believe in the lie so I could use him for his resources. It was just part of the plan, my love. That's all."

She went to place her hands on him again in reassurance, but his rage consumed his body. It was only after did he realize the consequences of his actions. Blood passed Elowen's lips as she gasped. We all froze in shock at the sight before us. Koa's sword had impaled her, it stuck out of her stomach.

"My love?" Koa croaked as her eyes began to flutter shut. He quickly removed his sword and threw it to the ground as if it burned him and Koa dropped to the floor with her in his arms. A painful wail escaped his lips as he rocked back in forth with her lifeless body in hand. 

He screamed, "Look what you've made me do!" Koa began to mutter in her hair. His muttering grew louder as he continued to speak to himself. His head shot up and he looked at every one of us before they zeroed in on Juniper. 

"I'm going to kill you." He screeched.

A tap on my shoulder caused my sight to be torn from Koa and to Divya who stood behind me, "Come we must go now before he goes after us too." She quickly slipped away from us and into a hidden tunnel, we followed her as quickly as we could as the sound of Koa's rage-filled the chamber.

×××××××××××××

Author Note!

DOUBLE UPDATE!! yayyy

Thoughts on the chapter >

Random >

How is your day today? Was it bad? Good? In between?

QOTD: How do you feel about being alone?

I personally don't mind. I am an extroverted-introvert, so i can rlly do either. I've noticed in myself that I can be alone and be perfectly ok.

Whether that's in my room or being single, just alone. And i didn't realize not everyone can do that. That's they CANT be alone or in silence.

I'm just intrigued is all

Love you all thank you for reading! Xoxox 💋💋

- Mickey ✨