Part 1

Yui POV
It had been a while since the last time I killed someone for revenge, but what's a girl to do when you're sent not one but two false job requests in the last week. It had taken less than a day to track the culprit down, but at least a week in their conveniently sound proof basement before I actually felt enough sympathy to end them.

Listening to someone scream all day is tiring and I'm running low on nutrition due to the lack of food over the last few days. Staring down at the clock on my phone I decide it's probably time to move, seeing as I'd been sitting at the same park bench for the last hour reading, and if I saw one more person openly staring at me I'd start by cutting up their fingers and then burning them beyond recognition, and truly I couldn't be bothered right now.

Getting up I make my way towards a somewhat rundown restaurant that I couldn't help but take pity on after appreciating the tall building to its left.

As I walk in I am greeted by a tan looking man in a chefs hat and apron.

"Welcome, take a seat." He says without looking up.

I notice a few people around the store eyeing me weirdly, although I'm uncomfortable it doesn't show on my face.
"Uhhh, is the back room available?" I ask, somewhat unwilling to be awed at through my meal.

He finally looks up acknowledging me. "What will you be having?" He inquires, seemingly way too interested in my response.

Curious as to why he had immediately questioned my order without first seating me, I assume this was customary procedure for those who wish for special treatment. Looking around and notice a special on a wooden board almost hidden in the stores corner. Having never been here before I decide to try whatever dish awaits me.

"The stake combo please," I then look back at the board and sweat-drop, not appreciating how strange the name is. "One that will make us see the light..." I muttered the last part annoyed.

"How will you have it?" He questioned further. Like jeez can't I take a seat first at least.

"I guess, grilled?" It came out as more of a question than an answer.

His eyes seemed to flash for a moment before he ushered me into the back room and left, closing the door behind him.
'Such weird service. Maybe I shouldn't have come.' I thought unimpressed.

As soon as I thought that the floor beneath me began to move. 'What the hell!' I thought to myself. Being a trained assassin I didn't need to strain to keep my balance. A sudden barely noticeable jolt went through the elevator like room, before the doors slowly opened to reveal a full looking tunnel decorated in red lights along the walls.

'Did these people get tricked too? Or is this some sort of event I didn't get the memo about?'

As soon as I step out the eyes of everyone in the room turn to me. I see a few men blush and turn away but the rest just stare intensely. While some were drooling over my appearance a select few were sizing me up. Though that didn't last seeing as I looked more like a fragile girl than a possible threat.

This really pisses me off. I mean I don't even know why I'm here, though everyone else seems too, not only that but most of their builds are somewhat similar to those of body builders or they hold themselves with confidence and inflated egos. 'What the hell is going on??' I once again scream in my head.

All of a sudden a green blob pops in front of me. "Hello, welcome to the Hunter exam, please take your badge number #194. Be sure to wear it on your chest at all times." He smiled at me handing over a badge with said number on it.
'Ok this makes more sense. But how did I even manage to get here?'

I return his smile, accepting the badge before he leaves.

I look up and realize no-one is looking at me and have clearly already dismissed me as an easy opponent.

In my peripherals I notice a chubby man in a blue shirt with brown hair and a unique square shaped nose, making his way towards me. He gives off 'do not trust, stranger danger' vibes that I immediately agree with.

I instantly turn my back to him, urging him to leave me alone.

"Hi there my names Tonpa, this is your first time participating in the Hunter exam, am I right?"

When I finally turn to acknowledge his existence I try to stare him down to no avail. I've never been any good at controlling my bloodlust. He doesn't seem to notice as his mouth stays agape staring at me with eyes that already resembled hearts.

'Seriously how did I get myself into this mess?'

  "Is there something wrong with my face?" I say, half sarcastic, half actually concerned with whether or not my face was ok

"Is there something wrong with my face?" I say, half sarcastic, half actually concerned with whether or not my face was ok. I mean I did practically burn a man alive a couple hours ago, there was a big possibility that I'd somehow gotten blood or melted skin on my face and not noticed.

"Oh, uhh n-no, umm, you look f-fine." This Tonpa dude stuttered blushing like a total idiot. No longer interested in the topic of conversation I turned to leave, only to be stopped by Tonpa again.

He looked kind of hesitant in what he was about to do, making me even less trusting in his character, if that were possible. "Here have this drink as a token of our new friendship." He practically demands, holding out an orange can.

I flip a loose strand of hair behind my ear before bothering to answer. "I would love something to drink actually," I start, taking not of his mischievous expression. "But poison kinda ruins the flavor." I say, glimpsing his shocked expression before turning on my heal to leave, my hair gracefully flowing behind me.

Once I'm deep enough into the tunnel that there were only a few applicants floating around I sat on one of the pipes and started reading.

'Oh what an interesting turn of events.'