Part 2

Yui POV
It's been at least a day since I arrived at the Hunter exam and I have to say... this sucks.

By now we are at around 400 applicants. 400 sweaty, smelly, disgusting people who are beginning to intrude on my once peaceful reading corner.

Sighing I jump up from my seat, walking towards the 'elevator' that brought me here, earning a few glances here and there.

When the 'elevator' comes in view I see the strange green blob handing badges 403, 404 and 405. They look interesting enough.

403 looks like an old rich guy, who feels he has the right to complain about everything. 404 is an adorable blonde girl with short hair, wearing a formal tabard of blue and red colors. 405 is an adorable child who looks to be a few years younger than me with green/ black spiky hair.

I contemplate approaching the group seeing as they were the friendliest looking people around, but then felt a familiar, unwelcome aura beating me to it. Watching as he introduced the other applicants to watch out for. I heard him say something about a white haired girl, that I assumed was me, and how he thought I was quite intuitive, even though we had just met. I also managed to catch Hisokas name. 'I wonder why he's here.' I ponder. Having only talked to hisoka once when I was surprising Illumi with a visit in YorkNew a year ago, I only knew the basics of his character... a creepy pedophile with a perplexing obsession with strong people and those who have potential, or as he refers to them 'unripened fruit'.

Speak of the devil, I look over my shoulder after hearing a rather agonizing scream. Sure enough there Hisoka was standing over the armless man who had flowers flowing out of the new stumps where his arms once were. "If you bump into someone, you really aught to apologize..." he states while smirking. Ugh, this guy gives me the creeps. As he's walking away from the scene our eyes connect, his smirk growing somehow larger, before he manipulates his nen to look like he disappeared into thin air.

Looking back in the new arrivals general direction, instead of interfering with Tonpas plan I watch as two of the newbies take a sip of the poisoned juice before the green haired child spits it out and unknowingly exposes Tonpas plan to the other idiot that drank it, allowing him time to spit his drink out but in a less graceful manner. I then turned to the blonde, curious as to why she didn't drink it. I mean, I didn't because I knew it was poisoned (not that my body couldn't withstand the poison, it's just makes my body a little tired). Did she? Or was she just trying to insult Tonpa?

Tonpa continued to apologize to the new comers, though to everyone around they could tell his insincerity. When Tonpa finally decided to walk away, a grudge full look on his face, she smirked at him through her hair, although they wouldn't know, those kids just made my day.

Kurapika POV
As I watch Tonpa retreat with his tail between his legs, my gaze gets caught by a set of beautiful ocean blue eyes and white hair.

For a moment my mind goes blank... so kawaii.

She notices me staring and sends me a smile that almost makes my knees week.

Gon is the first to notice my frozen state and my burning face.

"Ahhh, Kurapika are you ok? You look sick!" Gon screeched, earning a few glares.

"I'm fine Gon." I say, thankful that my voice didn't waver, though I was sure my face still resembled a tomato.

"Are you sure? You didn't drink any of Tonpas little friendship juice right?" Leorio asked, picking wax from his ear with his pinky, seemingly uncaring about my well-being.

"I said I was fine." I say with enough force that leorio  glances at me before looking to where the girl with white hair used to be. 'What? Where did she go?' I ask myself.

"Hi, my names Yui, what's yours?" A sweet voice calls behind me. I immediately turn to the source and watch once again as she smiles up at me.

Leorio looks at her, then at me then at her again, seeming to come to the obvious conclusion that she was the reason my face could've rivaled the heat of a volcanos a moment prior. Although his face wasn't much different from mine.

"My name is Kurap-"

"Hello there, name's Leorio." The old man says winking at the disinterested girl.

"Hi, I'm Gon! And that's Kurapika!" Although I would've preferred to say my own name, I still felt some gratitude towards Gon, who introduced me instead of having me awkwardly re-join the conversation.

"It's nice to meet you." I say bowing.

She just giggles at my response, the sound like that of an angels, making us all stare at her bewildered, even Gon.

"Sugoi! Your so pretty!" Gon exclaimed, with stars in his eyes.

"Thank you, Gon was it?"

"Yea-"

All of a sudden a large ring sounded around the tunnel. Then a wall opened up to reveal a man in a purple suit with pink/purple hair and a mustache. Though I was quick to notice he didn't have a mouth, carrying a weird head like bell that I assume made the ringing noise.

"Sorry for the delay, thank you for waiting." He states monotony. "The period for new hunter applicants has officially closed. So with no further a due, the hunter exams will now begin."