-The empty table-

━━━

━━━

His eyes wandered at the door every now and then, hoping she would come inside any minute. He waited, thinking that she might have been really late, hoping he would get to see her bright smile soon but to his surprise, she didn't appear at all, leaving the table by the window empty as ever. But it wasn't the only thing which felt empty, his heart felt so too.

The next day was the same. He would do his work, make orders and serve the customers his creations, his eyes always lingering at the door, as he prayed silently so that she would walk in any minute and brighten up his entire day. He would keep her table empty for her so that she would sit on her usual place but she didn't come to the café again, leaving the table by the window and his heart, empty.

He sat down behind the counter, thinking whether she was alright or what could possibly be the reason of her absence. His mind said that she might have left the city, making his heart clench in fear but his inner self told him that something important might have come up, causing the absence.

He thought for some more time, as he stared at the empty table where she used to sit. He decided that he would follow what his inner self said, hoping that she would return soon.

━━━