-Finally together-

━━━

━━━

Today was the day when he decided to confess his feelings towards her. Days had passed since he had fallen sick, and now he was as healthy as he could ever be, thanks to her help. Before he came to the café, he had bought the most beautiful rose the flower shop near his house had to offer.

While he was sitting there, waiting patiently for customers to come in, he saw her walk to the door and pull the handle, making the bells on it ring, indicating that a customer had come. She smiled at him as soon as she made an eye-contact, and sat down on her usual table, beside the window.

He sighed, as he quickly began making her order, keeping it on the tray with the rose beside it, a note tied to it.

She sat there, as she took out her laptop, busy typing away, glancing back at the screen time to time to check for spelling mistakes when she felt a presence beside her. She looked up, thanking him, receiving a smile back as he went back to the counter to attend the other customers' orders. She smiled, as she lifted the cup of coffee, only to see a red rose kept beside it, a note tied to it. Confused, she picked up the rose, as she slowly untied the note, opening it to read the content inside.

"I fell for you the day I saw you Lia, you always made me feel as if I was never alone. I'm too shy to say all this myself so I am writing this note to you. Every time I see you smile, my day automatically brightens up. Whenever I see you sad, my heart somehow breaks into millions of pieces.

I have waited long enough to say this, but you make me feel complete. I really like you and I will always do. So would you like to go out with me?

PS- If it's a yes, you can finish your drink and stay still my shift's over so that we can go out or else if it's a no, you can leave as soon as you finish your drink and hope we can at least stay as friends."

He saw her read the letter, her eyes widen as she read ahead. Soon, she let out a deep sigh, as she folded back the paper and kept it in her pocket, picking up the rose and smelling it, the sweet smell filling her nostrils, making her feel happy. He bit his lip, as he wondered whether she had accepted it or not. He saw her drink her coffee slowly, after which she closed her laptop. He could almost hear his heart break, as he thought that she had rejected his proposal, thinking that she would leave the café. He sighed, defeated, trying to hold back tears, as he stared down at the counter. Unknowingly, he looked up again and this time, he saw her quietly reading the book in her hand, the cup empty, his rose in her hand, showing no signs of leaving.

He let out a small gasp, as his heart rejoiced after knowing that she had accepted his proposal. She turned her head around to look at him, giving a small nod, a bright smile on her face, as if she knew what was going on in head head right now.

No one would have ever expected a café worker and his regular customer to fall for each other, where he would make a cup of Expresso for her everyday and she would sit near the window, drinking it in silence.

━━━

A/N

I got this idea literally 1 am in the morning. Brilliant, right?

Thank you for reading this story, this is actually something really very different from what I write tbh ;-;"
if you liked this, don't forget to support it by voting, drop comments as you read and suggest it to your friends if they want a short story to read.

love ya!