-Sick-

━━━

━━━

She walked into the café, hoping that they could hang out later after his shift but to his surprise, instead of his warm smile, she was greeted by a lady behind the counter. Confused, she walked up to the counter, as her eyes wandered around, searching for him.

"Hello! May I know where Jake is?" She asked the lady at the counter. The lady told her that he had called her, saying that he was sick and he won't be able to come today and he had requested her to make an Espresso for a girl called Lia. Her eyes widened in surprise, after she heard what the lady had to say. She told her that she would have her Espresso later, and asked her for his address.

After she got his address, she thanked the lady and left the café, picking up a few medicines for him on the way. Soon, she reached a building, making her way inside, as she got into the elevator and pressed the floor's button on which his apartment was. The elevator's doors opened, her eyes searching for his apartment number. As soon as she spotted the correct number, she rang the doorbell, waiting patiently for him to open the door.

He stood up from the couch, massaging his throbbing temples as he wondered who might have possibly dropped by his house right now. He opened the door and to his surprise, he saw her standing there, with a small plastic bag in her hand. Before he could ask her anything, she placed her hand on his burning forehead, causing her eyes to widen as she realised that he was running high fever.

"Go inside and lie down. I'll make something for you." She said, as she quietly went past him, into his neatly furnished one-bedroom apartment, leaving him confused at the doorstep.

"But you will catch-" He said, but he stopped, as he sneezed, covering his mouth with his hand. She chuckled, as she closed the door for him, assuring that she would be perfectly fine if he would let her help him. He finally gave in, as he quietly walked towards the couch and lied down on it, while she went into the kitchen to make something hot for him.

"Here." She said, as she kept a bowl of soup in the table in front of him. He opened one of his eye, as he looked at the soup, making her to burst out laughing at his adorable behaviour. He chuckled, as he sat up to consume the bowl of heavenly goodness. She went inside, and soon came out with a huge blanket in her hand. He looked at her, confused, as she opened the blanket in her arms, and draped it over him so that he would stay warm. She walked in front of him, as she leaned forward, making sure that he was covered in the blanket properly. He sat there, frozen, his heart melting as he saw her worrying over him, her sweet scent of lavender filling his nostrils, while she wrapped him in the blanket, making him look like a humanoid burrito.

"There. Have this and the medicines, and you will be as good as you were before." She said, smiling, as she softly patted his head, causing him to chuckle softly, as he nodded.

━━━