Eleven

Myles and I had just walked into principal Colstone's office. He looked at us, and then he said "you two look extremely annoyed. Did something happen?" I nodded and then I responded with "yeah, I'm just curious to know why you abandoned me and then told everyone that I was dead, including your son, who is my biological brother. I can't believe that I've been here for about four months, and if I wasn't bringing it up right now, you wouldn't have said anything. Myles almost didn't believe me. I had to show him my birth certificate as proof, because it has you listed as the father, not to mention, I have your last name. So the fact you and mum have been lying to me, yeah, it doesn't sit well. I've been waiting for the right moment to call you out, and then after I told Myles, we decided that there was no time like the present. So please explain to both of us, why you lied about almost everything." He took a deep breath and then he said "okay, right. I didn't expect you two to find out like this, but that's how it's happened, and there's no hiding from it anymore. Both of you, sit down, and I'll tell you the full story." We both sat down in the chairs. Principal Colstone closed his laptop, and then he continued to say "before I start, I just want to apologise to both of you, because what I did was extremely wrong. And nothing I say, or do is going to change that. I at least want you to hear my side of the story. Sixteen years ago, I had a girlfriend, which was neither of you guys mums. One night, I was playing truth or dare with my friends, and the dared me to sleep with the two most popular girls in the year. That was your mum Haven, and your mum Myles. I had to do it three months apart, simply because of timing. Then both of them came to me a couple months later, telling me that they were pregnant with my children. I knew I had to make a choice, so I told my girlfriend the truth and she broke up with me.  Myles, a couple months later, you were born. Haven, your mum was six months pregnant, and I still hadn't made a choice about what I wanted. It was after haven was born that I found out that her mother was a werewolf, and that's what made me make my choice. Everybody knew that werewolves and witches couldn't ever be together. So I couldn't be with your mum, Haven. Even if I wanted to, Myles' mum was human, so it would make sense that I was with her. About a year later, my parents died in a plane crash, so I inherited all of the money that they left for me. They turned out to be extremely rich, so I made my dream come true and I bought an abandoned hospital, and turned it into a boarding school. This took years to happen, so by the time everything was finished, Myles was about five years old. And I really started to miss my other child, but I knew that your mother would never let me see you, simply because she thought that you were too young to have this new surprise in your life. I wanted you to be remembered though, I didn't want people to think that you never existed. So I made up a lie, and I told everyone that you died when you was two years old. I did that to feel better about myself, so I could've had sympathy. I always wanted to have a piece of you, even though I couldn't see you. That's when I decided to name the school Luna Coast Boarding  Academy. I named you Luna. After I left, your mum obviously changed it to Haven, she kept Luna is your middle name. Then one day, your mum was calling schools in California, when she spoke to me on the phone, I immediately knew that it was her. We then started talking for hours, and that's when she told me that she was thinking of applying for you to come here. I didn't even look at your grades, or any of your files. I accepted you because you are my daughter. I know that you probably don't see me as a father, because I have not been there at all. I'm really sorry that I've had to lie about you to everyone, and that I had to make people believe that you were dead. I chose my reputation over my children, and that was extremely wrong. It will never happen again." Myles and I looked at each other. Myles stood up and then he said "bullshit. Absolute bullshit. You went through that entire story, just to end up telling us that you did it to protect your ego? I don't think you understand how pathetic you sound. You literally made a grave for Haven. I used to go to that grave every month to replace the flowers. I used to talk her. Wishing that she was here, and she's been here this entire time. There's lines that you don't cross, dad. Keeping me away from my sister was one of them." He then grabbed his bag, and walked out. I was still sitting down and then I said "he's right. The worst part is that, what you did to him was bad, but what you did to me was worse, because at least he had you. I can't say the same." He nodded and he responded with "trust me, it's the biggest mistake I ever made. I can't believe that I did that to you. Haven, I'm begging you to give me a chance. Let me be the father that you have so desperately dreamed of having. I just need to prove to you, that I'm worthy of that." I smiled sarcastically and then I replied with "yeah, you do. But it's going to take a a lot more than an apology, and a couple sympathy stories. You've been lying to both of your children for their entire lives. So if you ever want either of us to talk to you again, I suggest you start putting in the work. Dad, I'm just letting you know, you really fucked this one up." And then I walked out of his office.