Mᴇᴅɪᴄɪɴᴇ

"Don't you dare jump

"Don't you dare jump. I swear to god if you jump-"

Jinae yelps as Eunji throws herself off her bed onto the bean bag, crashing into the poor girl. Giggles leave her mouth, her hair messy and strewn across her face, disorienting her vision slightly. She untangles herself from Jinae, still laughing, but now with a slight cough.

Jinae patted her back aggressively, making Eunji dissolve into more fits of uncontrollable laughter. Now struggling to breathe, she held her hand up telling her friend to stop.

"Do you need your inh-" Jinae looked at her worriedly, already standing up.

Eunji pulled her back down, shaking her head. "No. I'm fine."

She looked doubtful but sat down anyway, waiting for her friend's breathing to return back to normal before speaking. "So, back to school again, huh?"

Eunji frowned, crawling towards her dressing table and grabbing a brush, running it through her tangled hair.

"I'd rather stay at home all day," she rolled her eyes, stretching the elastic of her scrunchie, deftly pulling her red curls into a messy bun, "Plus, going back after a whole year...I don't think I'm ready for that."

Her friend nodded thoughtfully, feeling slightly sorry for the girl.

Eunji noticed at once, setting the hair brush down with a loud bang. "Don't give me that look."

"What look!" Jinae said defensively, folding her arms over her chest.

"Pity." She hissed, her signature frown falling over her features once again.

Silence fell over the two as Eunji yanked open her wardrobe, searching for her favorite jeans and crop top. Jinae sighed, draping her legs over the little table set beside the bean bags, unlocking her phone to check her notifications.

Eunji's brother passed by her room looking in for a second, a dramatic gasp falling from his lips. He walked in, hands on his hips, an undeniable impression of their mother.

"That top, with that shirt? Gross." He chirped in a high pitched voice, a look of shock plastered on his face.

Jinae looked up from her phone momentarily, snickering, before resuming whatever she was doing, "He's right you know."

Eunji threw her crop top at his face, sticking her tongue out at him.

"I don't care about you're stupid fashion evaluation," she hissed, yanking the article of clothing from his hands, tossing it back into her cupboard along with the jeans and taking out a half sleeved t-shirt that fell to her knees and a pair of shorts before stomping into her bathroom, slamming the door. Her angry muttering could be heard from the other side, echoing in the room.

Her brother tutted, picking up the clothes and folding them into neat squares, placing them in their respective areas.

Jinae watched him, a smile making it's way to her face.

"You're so nice to her Jungmin." She rolled onto her stomach, legs in the air, a pouty look on her lips.

He rolled his eyes, "Ji, stop it. How many times do I have to tell you the feelings aren't mutual?"

She sat up straight, annoyed.

"Well you can't expect me to just sit there and not flirt with my best friends hot brother!"

Eunji walked out, now dressed in an oversized white Supreme t-shirt, her denim shorts just barely visible, hair pushed back with her ginormous baby blue band, specially made for washing your face. The peachy skin on her face was currently bare, a few blemishes still there from her previous pimples. She was holding a bottle of CeraVe facial cleanser, still unopened, it's smooth shell reflecting the orange afternoon sun rays.

"Actually, I kinda do expect you to," she shrugs, "rule nine of being best friends: relatives are off limits."

"Don't go quoting Kissing Booth on me!" She whined throwing a pillow at Eunji, lying on her back and kicking her legs in the air.

Jungmin shook his head disapprovingly, opening his mouth to say something but Eunji cut him off by flicking his forehead drawing a yell form his mouth.

"What was that for!?!?!"

She snickered, shoving her brother out of her room, closing the door behind him and turning to Jinae.

She waited a moment before speaking. "Are we going or...?"

Jinae grinned, looking through her bag for her favorite lipstick, the metal handle glinting in the light when she pulled it out.

"Duh. Just go wash your face, I'm not taking you there with your dirty skin. It's obvious you took advantage of not having to go anywhere." She shot her friend a disappointed look, hating the fact that she always had to tell her to wash her face, even after her constant nagging that a clean face is the first step to flawless skin.

"We're leaving in 5-" she glances outside her window, as if her brother was waiting for her there "-through the window, so Min doesn't see us leaving and tell on me."

Jinae nods, giggling, sobering up at once when she hears footsteps approaching. Jungmin opens the door, a grim look on his face.

"Mom told me to tell you not to forget to eat your medicine," he mimicked her once again, closing the door as soon as he finished his announcement.

Huffing, Eunji picked up the small multi-compartment, plastic box, popping the lid open and dumping a combination of different colored pills into her hand. She unscrewed her water bottle chucking the pills into her open mouth, swallowing them with some water.

"Stupid medicine."

I'm planning on making the chapters for this book shorter since my average goal for Shoot Out is 2k and that's not easy specially with school and stuff lmao

But fr i hope u guys like it even tho its short  ( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)plz tell me i'm not the only one)

Still keeping the whole enemies to lovers stuff but the change will be more gradual

And also they were never friends so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't forget to vote and comment!

Thanks for reading!