Aʜᴏʏ Tʜᴇʀᴇ, Mᴏᴛʜᴇʀғᴜᴄᴋᴇʀ.

❦❦❦❦❦

"What do you think?" She snapped, dusting herself off, glaring angrily at Donghyuck.

He scratched the back of his neck, crouching next to her helping her gather the books that spilled out of her open bag.

She blew her curls out of her face, stuffing the books into her backpack, shooting him one last glare before walking off.

Jaemin appears behind him, grinning. "Looks like she still doesn't want anything to do with us, she was only okay with hanging yesterday cause of Jinae."

Hyuck shrugs, straightening up, tongue poking the side of his cheek. He brushes his coal black hoodie, stuffing one of his hands into his pocket.

"Why would she? We're friends with Chenle." Renjun adds under his breath, "Not that I even want anything to do with her."

At the mention of his name, Chenle looks up, confused. "Hm?"

They all collectively roll their eyes, Hyuck shooting his phone a look of disdain, muttering, "Nothing."

Chenle brushes it off, a whine leaving his mouth when his avatar gets slain by another player. He stuffs his phone into his back pocket, giving up on the game for now, looking over at Jisung.

"You gonna come to basketball practice?"

The taller nods, ducking behind Chenle when his math teacher walked past them. He stood upright, answering the questioning look on his friends face, mumbling something about falling asleep in class.

-------

The sound of a ball hitting the ground filled the gymnasium, absolute stillness and silence hanging over the team. The spectators sat in equal quietude, watching intently as the basketball was deftly passed from Hyunjin to Chenle.

Thud.

Thud.

Thud.

He had the ball, dribbling it halfway across the court, eyes narrowing, searching for a gap in the defense.

Chenle's shoes squeaked as he shifted his weight from one foot to the other, all of his concentration directed at shooting the ball. Everything seemed to fade away, his surroundings nonexistent. As far as he knew, there weren't any people blocking his opportunity to score.

Jaemin gritted his teeth. He was right beside the hoop, behind the defense, no one could block him, he was more likely to score.

If only Chenle worked better with the team instead of thinking he could do it all by himself. Sure, he was a great player, but last years losses proved that he didn't 'get it right' every time.

He waved his hand, trying to get the younger boys attention. Yet Chenle was hellbent of doing it himself.

He jumped, the ball flew through the air, members of the defense trying and failing to stop the it. It hit the backboard, circled the hoop before falling back down to the ground, bouncing twice. 

It came to a halt at Jaemin's feet.

Everyone glanced between the two, a few backing away.

He glared up at Chenle who didn't seem surprised.

At this point, no one was surprised.

"Look Chenle, if you can't play with the team, I'm gonna put you on the bench." He was clearly trying - and failing - to keep his temper leveled, knuckles white, not wanting to create a scene in front of everyone else.