Chapter 13

''I spy with my little eye something beginning with...'' Gus trailed.

''S, something beginning with S!'' I spat back, interrupting him.

''What? S?''

''Yeah, Shut the fuck up.''

''Hey, now that's not very nice Ashleigh, I thought you were a good girl?'' mocked Gus.

We had been on the road for 2 hours, and the roads we were on were pretty deserted, it was a hot summers day, and we occasionally passed some diners and little shops. It felt like we were in the 90's or something, to me at least. 

Even though Gus had been joking, something about what he said shook me. I was a good girl, but the past few weeks i had hooked up with Liam, thinking that I was falling for him. I mean, what the fuck? It so wasn't like me, then I'd let Logan have his way with me, before I realised, well, it was Logan. Then, I'd almost slept with my best friend. I wonder if I'm having one of those hormonal phases. My old friend Jackie, who's 19 now, said that when she was 16, she went through a phase of a few months when she just slept with dozens of people. She said she didn't even realise how horny she way, maybe, that was what I was having.

Or I'd just turned mega slut.

''I am a good girl.''

''You're right, you are,'' he said, patting my head.

''Hey girl, we gotta pull over for gas soon, Andrew just text me saying his cars almost out.''

I burnt a whole into the back of Dan's head, death glare and all. 'Hey girl'? Oh no.

''Did you just call her 'girl'?'' spoke Dan's girlfriend, Cara, a scowl on her face. A spark of thankfulness dusted my features.

''Thankyou!' Somebody listens!'' I triumphed.

''It's all about girl power,'' she said, pulling her hand out to high five me.

I'd forgotten the other half of the world, aka the female population.

''Andrew's pulling up here, see?''

''Yes Dan, I'm not blind, ok, just follow him and park next to it.''

The roads were all sandy grit at the sides, a bit like a desert. You know in movies where people are stuck in the middle of nowhere and the roads stretch out for miles, yeah, that's us. We pulled up to a very small gas station with a little shop, I couldn't see anyone even behind the counter. Andrew filled up his car, then I did mine. Just the feeling of no one finding us, no cars with their engines busing around, it was just peaceful. We all walked into the shop, which turned out not to be a shop, but a cute little diner. Everyone climbed into a big booth against the wall, but no one was in there.

''Helloooo, anybody here?'' I called out, I waited for a beat, nothing.

''Hellooo, is any-''

''No need to shout,'' a young males voice called out from behind me.

I turned around to see a guy, about 18, dark hair, wearing a t-shirt and jeans, and smirking it me. He ran a hand through his hair, and if I hadn't already fucked about with the population of China, the gesture might of made me blush or bat my eyelashes. Instead, I asked him the one thing on my mind.

''You got food?''

''Nice to meet you too,'' he grinned at me, his eyes dancing with humour, that was until his gaze met the other seven guys staring at him.

''Oh, man, hold up,'' he jogged a few feet over to the counter and shouted to a door at the back, ''Yo, Lisa we got customers, a lot of them!' Hey what you guys want?'' he said, pulling out a few menus and plonking them on the table. He gave me a wink, which earned an eye roll of me as I went to sit next to Cara, Dan's girl.