Chapter 12

"Jack! I am not going to sleep with you!"

"Uhh, come on Ash, how can you resist me?"

We had gone back to his after the club, narrowly missing the others. And now? Here we were, Jack kissing me and trying to pull down my panties, and me shoving him off.

I just wasn't ready to sleep with my best friend! I mean, come on! I'd been kissed by 3 different boys in the past week, I was turning out to be a mega slut. Did I really want to date my best friend? I pulled Jack off me and grabbed my bag, sitting up from the bed.

"Ashleigh, what am I doing wrong?"

"It's not you, it's me. Really. I mean... I don't want to sleep with my best friend, I need some time to think about all this..." Jack sighed at my comment, looking a mixture between hurt and annoyed.

"Right, yeah, no of course, yeah."

"See you later Jack."

"Bye."

I got in to their house about 2:00 am, no one was up so I went into the kitchen to grab myself a drink. Sitting on one of the stools was Liam.

"Okaaay, I'm going to bed," I said while turning around.

"What, we can't be in the same room now?" I did not like the tone in his voice, what, was that a challenge?

"Ok, Liam, I'll stay. Just, try not to touch me this time?" I stuck my tongue out and took a soda from the fridge, now sitting opposite Liam.

"That club shuts at 12:30, where were you?" Jeez, was he checking up on me now? Unbelievable.

"I was at Jack's..." I said his name hesitantly.

"Hmm."

I sighed. Liam was so difficult, sometimes I could read him like a book, other times he just put this wall up.

"I'm going to bed. Goodnight Liam," and with that I walked away, up into my bed, into a safe place.

I missed my dad. I really did, well, I missed my house more than anything. I really do. I miss how things used to be; simple.

***

It was a Wednesday afternoon, and I had just come back from school. Most of this week had gone by quickly, and easily. Me and Jack talked in school normally, and ignored each other out of school. He was obviously embarrassed about how he tried to get in my pants and how I wouldn't let him. I was just avoiding him because I didn't know what to tell him. I needed a break. From all guys, first fucking Liam, then kissing Logan, and now Jack? I wanted to be on my own, boy drama avoided. I'd even applied for a waitresses job in a funky little diner, they said they'd let me know by Friday. Independence, that is what I need, and it's what I'm gunna get.

"Earth to Ashleigh..." Gus pulled me out of my thought. Me, James, Gus, Jason and Andrew were all in the school field, it was a thursday afternoon and the sky was a clear blue.

"Mmm, whaaat?" I was propped up against a tree, all comfy and undisturbed, well, I was.

"What you doing this weekend?"

"Sleeping."

"Ahh."

"Ok, bye bye now."

"Do you want to come on a road trip with us?"

"What!?" I jumped up, opening my eyes. Now this caught my attention.

"We're going down America for a week, about 2 days to get there, then were gunna find some beach Andrew raved about, stay there for 3 days and spend the next 2 days getting back, you up for it? We miss school but -"

"Hell yeah I'm up for it! Oh my god!" I tackled Gus to the floor and bear hugged him, "This is going to be fucking awesome!"

"Uhh, A - Ashleigh... can't. Can't breathe. Off. O-ff, please," he grunted through a heavy breath, I, reluctantly, stepped off of him and straighted out my clothes.

"Sorry."

"Look, we leave tomorrow, you better get packing."

*

*

*

***

It was Thursday afternoon, and I was with the guys back home, packing! Oh my god! I have never been on a road trip before, especially not one with 7 guys, and one other girl actually, yeah Dan's girlfriends coming too. It will be nice, I feel like I haven't spoken to a girl in like, six years.

"White shorts or denim?" I asked myself, staring at the two shorts I had in front of me.

"Denim," it was Liam.

"Really? The denim ones? I was thinking white."

"Denim."

"Okay, denim it is. Ahhh, I'm so excited, first road trip!" I clapped my hands together in excitement, this was all so exciting!

"Haha, yeah no kidding. So, me, Andrew, James and Jason are taking Andrew's car, and is it cool if Dan, Reece, Gus and the other girl go in yours?"

I had a beat up convertible jeep, it was my baby, and a monster on the road.

"Yeah, sounds good."

My car was like a sofa, in the front it could fit three people, in the back three as well, I'd got it cheap a year ago and, despite many of my dad's attempts, never wanted to get something new.

"Guys! We're going, hurry the fuck up!" shouted Reece from downstairs. Liam made his way down without another word, and I double checked what I'd packed.

I had a pair of denim shorts, and my black, short gym type ones. A party dress just incase, 6 tops, a bikini and two pairs of skinny denim jeans. I also brought my nikes and some flip flops, my makeup, hair stuff and the $500 my dad gave me, which was now $450.

All in check.

I zipped up the big bag and headed downstairs, where the boys were having some sort of a discussion.

"Whats up?" I asked, they all gave each other worried looks.

"Umm, we only have $200, and we need most of that for gas, we don't really have enough money..." thank god, I thought it would be a real problem. Grinning, I unzipped the bag and took out the roll of money. I chucked it at Gus and started walking to the car.

"$450, thank my dad!" I called over my shoulder.

Finally, we were all in the car. Raring to go. I took the back seat with Gus and Reece while Dan and his girlfriend, who was lovely, took the front, Dan driving. Seeing as I didn't know where we were going, I allowed him to drive my baby.

I was leaning against the window, my legs across Gus's lap, and Reece was lounging the other side of Gus, the car was spacious.

"Alright, Andrew's car's started moving, let's go!" he said, cranking the radio up, a Rolling Stones song playing loudly.

"Woooohooooo!" I shouted, letting the window open.

"YEAHHEHHHAHHH!" shouted Reece, lighting a cigarette.

This was going to be one long drive, but I didn't care, because I felt, for the first time in a while, truly free.

*

*

*

A/N**. Hi, thanks for the votes and the reads, sorry for the long wait, but here it is! Next chapter hopefully next week! COMMENT YOUR IDEAS FOR THE STORY, THEY MIGHT EVEN GET PUT IT. VOTE me please as I have worked hard! Also I CHECK OUT ALLLLL MY FANS! Thankyou! Bye xxx