Chapter 4 - BROKEN

Asher's POV:"I didn't know my mom

Asher's POV:
"I didn't know my mom... Before and after she died. My dad never told me who she was, or even showed me any pictures of her... I have absolutely no idea who she was."

"It's nice to see you again Asher." She smiled at me as she opened up her notebook.

"Yeah let's just get on with it..."

She nodded, then crossed her legs as she looked at me.

"So your mom's dead. How does that make you feel?"

Was she she not listening to what I just said?

"Nothing. I didn't know her." I told her nonchalantly and she raised her brow.

"Just because you didn't know her, it doesn't mean growing up without a mom wouldn't affect you. You had a step mom?"

I clenched my jaw as I looked up at her.

"Why are you asking about her?"

"I just wanna know more about your life Asher. If you don't feel comfortable answering any of my questions, just let me know and we'll move on."

If I don't answer it, she'll just start assuming things...

"She was my dads wife. He had his first three kids with her, then cheated on her and had me. My dad forced her to raise me as her own, but they all hated me for it. My brothers and sister couldn't stand me, but she... she at least pretended to care sometimes... until I got older."

"What do you mean, until you got older?"

All these fucking questions...

"I don't wanna talk about it, move on." I told her as I looked back down at my hands.

"Okay... let's talk about your wife. How did you two meet?"

Now that's something I can talk about.

"At school. She had just moved to California and it was her first day at my school. I never really used to go to school, but my dad pretty much forced me. Looking back, I'm glad I did go to school that day..."

"What happened?"

"I saw her walking into school with her brother, and instantly knew I wanted her, so I got her. We let her brother start hanging around with us, then I slowly wormed my way into her life so that I could ruin it. It's only now that I'm starting to regret it."

I really have ruined her life...

"So you wanted to ruin her life?" She questioned, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I guess. There was this innocence about her that I wanted to ruin, but also darkness, you know?"

"What changed? You said you're starting to regret it."

"I fell in love with her... I thought I loved the drugs and the alcohol, but I never knew what love was until I met her. She made me feel things I never thought I'd be able to feel... and I hated it."