𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 - 𝙋𝙝𝙖𝙣𝙩𝙤𝙢 𝙎𝙘𝙖𝙧𝙨

Playlist of the day-

Enjoy =]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The room began to light up once again with early morning sun. Shadows of the furniture being painted across the floor and walls being distorted as Stray now paced the room. The bandages on their forearms had begun to peel away and they had attempted to rebandage it as best they could at some point early morning.
   It occurred to them that at a new location, they wouldn't be able to fuel their days after sleepless nights with an abundance of caffeine like normal. If something that small would change, what else would? And how long were they going to have to stand around waiting to be chaperoned from place to place. But the thought from earlier was still weighing on them most: what Nezu had mentioned about 'extenuating circumstances.'
    But everything around them was going to change, Stray would surely have more to contemplate. Now that there was more natural light in the room, the wolf didn't have to worry about turning the overhead light on to see. They rummaged through the drawers of the desk and nightstand, eventually finding some clothes that were left for them. Much too large due to the heroes obviously not knowing they were going to be housing someone. Inside the drawer along with the oversized clothes sat their mask which they didn't waste a moment pulling on.
   Stray held the large old band T against their torso and let it drape down to see how big it was. The washed out shirt had to be from one of the heroes, they wondered if the person had actually listened to the music or had just needed a shirt. Regardless, the wolf slipped off their current tattered shirt, grimacing once they saw the bruises and bandages lining their stomach, and pulled on the large t-shirt. Stray glanced up and threw the dirty shirt to cover the camera lense. Pulling their jeans off to change into a pair of dark sweats that were just as big as the shirt, they had to rely on the tied waistband to keep the pants above their hips. The wolf reached up and dragged the shirt off of the camera lense as they heard someone from a room down the hall open the door and walk closer.
   The person, who's footsteps Stray recognized as Eraserhead, knocked on the door and opened it after a moment. The vigilante stopped thenself from making a comment along the lines of, 'knocking doesn't mean anything if you don't wait for a reply' and simply glared at him with a low growl from across the room.

  "C'mon," The hero grumbled and moved to hold the door open. Although they paused, eventually Stray walked out and let Eraserhead pass in front of them to lead them through the halls.
  The hero didn't bother explaining where they were headed seeing as though the teen didn't ask, but made sure to keep an eye on them as he led them to recovery girl's office as requested.
  After a short silent walk, Eraserhead opened a large door and Stray walked inside begrudgingly. "Oh good morning you two!" The short uniformed old woman greeted and Eraserhead nodded curtly. Neither of them expected a response from the vigilante and therefore didn't wait for one. Recovery girl now turned her attention to the masked teen. "I simply need to make some more progress on healing what I was unable to before and rebandage what i cant do now. Is that alright?"
  The two adults watched the wolf pause before nodding, tired eyes finally glancing up at recovery girl from their previous gaze on the floor. "Perfect," she announced and led them to a patient bed which they pulled themself up onto, having to hop a bit.
  Recovery girl smiled as she took their hand. They visibly tensed, breath hitching as they took the smallest move backwards.
  Giving another reassuring smile, recovery girl imitated the teen's actions and pulled back for a moment. Waiting before slowly grabbing their hand again and holding it to her mouth.
  Eraserhead once again stepped towards Stray as they wavered and shut their eyes, the effects of recovery girl's quirk quickly draining what little energy they had. He reached out to stabilize them, but quickly had his arm swatted away as their ears pressed back in irritation. "Don't fucking touch me." Stray growled and opened their eyes once again as the dizziness seemingly wore off.
Eraserhead sighed and stood by, leaning slightly against the wall.

  After a few moments, Stray looked to recovery girl. "Alright, let's finish up for today," The woman made a small gesture for the teen to lift their shirt and watched Stray lift the borrowed shirt just below their chest, allowing her to coax the bloodstained bandages from their torso. Even with the mask on, anyone could see the pain every slight pull brought.
  Eventually recovery girl unraveled the rest of the fabric and tossed it aside into a wastebin, revealing the wolf's bruised and blistered torso.
The nurse reached onto the bedside table to grab a small tub of ointment and twist it open.
  "This is going to sting," she warned with a sympathetic expression as she adjusted her gloves. But Stray simply lifted the large band T a bit higher and took a breath. The old woman didn't stall a moment, it was always better to get it over with.
  The first applicatory contact elicited a sharp growl from the teen. But she continued on, muttering quiet comforts and the growls slowly turned to quiet whines. Their arms shook slightly as they continued grasping the shirt. After a short while. Recovery girl set the tub down and grabbed another roll of bandages, pulling it around the vigilante's waist and working her way up.
  This too hardly took any time and Stray let the T-shirt fall back down to cover the new bandages.

  They adjusted slightly where they sat to ease the sore discomfort, but that did little to nothing.
  "I can give you something for the pain of you'd like?" The old woman questioned and Stray hesitated to answer, simply shaking their head. Though that was out of complete spite as they truly would've liked some painkillers of some sort. She shook her head a bit but brushed it off nonetheless, moving to unwrap the bandages around the wolf's wrists now that they were no longer needed.

[⚠️ Trigger warning for Implied self-harm scars. ⚠️]

  Stray couldn't help but watch in astonishment as the skin below the wrappings was almost completely clear of injuries. Burns were reduced to small textured scars and previously deep gasped were only discolored areas. Of course their forearms would never be perfectly clear, but they weren't clear before anyways. And that was the part that left Stray completely quiet.
  The scars that hurt the most previously, those which weren't from any battle besides their own internal war, were gone. The teen sat there on the bed briefly holding their forearms in their lap with the smallest smile hidden behind the dark mask.
  "The scars will remain unfortunately," Recovery girl confided, obviously thinking that had been the reason for them going quiet. Stray simply nodded and tucked their hands into the pockets of the sweats. "I'll need you to come back after you've had some food and rest so I can finish up."
  Again the wolf nodded and pushed themself off the bed, quickly beginning to walk out. Though they didn't get very far in their steps.