👑 Crayons

HELLO FOOLS.
I am back, but not for long.

So this feels like a Baby Yoda and Reader pass time fic,,,

Scratch, Scratch, Stratch

The Mandalorian started to grow tired. The complete silence of the ship, well expect the mysterious scratching noises, began to make him grow drowsy. His head swayed from one side...to the other.

That's it.

Sighing, he set the ship to auto pilot and made his way towards his small enclosed area of a room. Was it really a room if only his bed fit inside? That was the least of his concerns, as long as he got some shut eye then that's enough.

Just as he began to climb down the ladder, your giggles interrupted the silence.

"Y/n" He called out. He checked every corner of his ship, but it's not like you have much space to hide. He grew confused. He heard your laughter, but he couldn't find you?

Maybe he was just too tired to catch you up in the cockpit? He peaked his head inside of the cockpit, nothing. Just as he was about to call you, your laughter seemed louder this time around.

"...what the..."

YOUR POV

The small hands of the child kept reaching towards your vibrant crayons. His eyes seemed to focus on your shimmery ones, especially the red one, the most sparkling one.

"Okay, okay. Why don't we draw something together?" You teared out the scribbled crayon-sketch of the Mandalorian and him and pushed it besides you. You neatly rearranged all of the crayons before grabbing a green crayon.

"Here, I'll draw you, and you can draw Mando.." You pushed the drawing pad towards him so he could better reach it. His little face looked amazed at everything before him. The paper that was basically bigger than him, and the weird colorful wax sticks that left colors where you pressed.

He was more amazed over how smoothly you were able to draw. As you were drawing him, he placed his small hand over your and quietly cooed. He tilted his head to the side.

"How about you draw yourself and Mando?" You suggested. Him understanding you wasn't something you were so sure of.
.........

The paper was a complete mess. There was scribbles of all colors wiggling around. Not to mention chunks of crayons littered around the paper and the bed covers. You didn't think coloring could be exhausting, but the child was able to prove you wrong. He had started snuggling against your leg - since you two were on the bed which probably explains all the wrinkles in the papers - but then you decided to bring him up to cradle him.

The sight of the crayon wrappers all over himself made you laugh a little. At some point we wanted the green crayon in his mouth. It almost made you laugh over how you took the biggest inhale when you noticed him nibbling it.

Just as you were going to start picking up the mess, the door behind you slid open. The quick cold breeze left you shuddering for a second.

"There you two are..." The Mandalorian's gruff voice startled the silence inside the cot.

You looked into his visor, signaling to the child who had snuggled closer towards you. He had already fallen to sleep, but the mess remained.

A guilty smile tugged at your lips. You were hoping that Mando wouldn't notice the wax chips and papers sprinkled over his bed. But alas, the colors were simply too loud compared to his grey-toned cot.

Before you could quickly gather the mess, Mando reached for your hands and held them still.

"It's fine" He whispered quietly. A few crayons weren't going to harm anyone. "Don't worry, I'll be sleeping in the deck if you need anything." His hands and gaze lingered on your own for a few seconds longer before backing away.

Just as he slowly began to close the door to the small cot, you motioned towards the bed.

"No, you're tired. There's enough space for all of us" You whispered just loud enough so he could hear. You didn't realize what you said though.

His breath staggered a little, taking a step back at your sudden remark. "N-no!"

With all the commotion, the child cooed a little but didn't fully awaken. You were at a loss, not really knowing what to say. Between the two of you, there was complete silence.

"Goodnight?" You looked back at Mando who still stood by the entrance.

"...Yeah" He waved off before closing the door.