𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞. the great promise

[ SAME OUTFIT FROM LAST CHAPTER! ]

⤵︎

CHAPTER 3. THE GREAT PROMISE!

 ❝THE GREAT PROMISE!❞

[3.06| PART THREE]

WE TEND TO USE OUR DREAMS TO ESCAPE OUR REALITY. . . BUT WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU WANT TO ESCAPE THE TERRORS OF YOUR OWN MIND?

     SEE, OUR MIND TRAVELS SOMEWHERE, in the consciousness of our brain, to create these stories and images. These can be so vivid, that some forget their own life, reality, existence, and everything in-between.

This is what most interpret as a dream.

When we're tired at night, from exhaustion that the day brought, our eyes close, and our bodies wind down on the comfy bed we lay in, with the fabric of a blanket draped over us.

Sounds peaceful, doesn't it? Everyone in the world does it every day, every hour of time, it's a primal humane thing to do. We all do it while sleeping. And without sleep, many things are a result in absence of it; lack of alertness, impaired memory, daytime fatigue, and more.

But a question people ponder themselves on, is why we dream of certain things? It can vary with an event that they relived in their dreams, or seeing someone or something that when waking up, you question your own self in why it'd even be there in your mind.

With time, and growing up, our dreams become intense. But shouldn't we all wonder why our mind is the way it is sometimes? Most importantly, what do our dreams represent?

NIGHT.
DECEMBER 19TH, 2001

𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍:
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐙𝐎'𝐒 𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐂𝐄
𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐎𝐑𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐒, 𝐋𝐎𝐔𝐈𝐒𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐀

     IT WAS WINTER IN NEW ORLEANS. Lorelei was sleeping in her childhood bed with pink and white-colored sheets that covered her twin-size bed. Along with that, a bay window at the side of her room. The big tree in the backyard was shifting back and forth in a sideways direction, its shadows doing the same.

The Lorenzo was nine at the time. 2001 was winding down, and Christmas was right around the corner. Of course, her family had already gone shopping for presents in November, because she couldn't wait any longer to do so.

Lorelei Lorenzo was lively as any nine-year-old girl would be. She was a girl that dreamed big. A girl filled with wonders, who held her head up so high in the white clouds, craving the world.