𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫. time heals most wounds

[ HER PAJAMA OUTFIT ABOVE! ]

⤵︎

CHAPTER 4. TIME HEALS
MOST WOUNDS!

 ❝TIME HEALSMOST WOUNDS!❞

[3.07| PART ONE]

MORNING.
JULY 29TH, 2010

𝐋𝐎𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍:
𝐑𝐎𝐒𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐋𝐋 𝐂𝐄𝐌𝐄𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐘
𝐂𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐆𝐎, 𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐈𝐒

     IT'D BEEN A WEEK SINCE THE BURIAL OF THE LATE HENRY LORENZO. The private service, which only included Lorelei, her mother, Uncle Lucius, Grandma Everlyn, as well as a handful of close friends her father made in his lifetime, was harrowing.

"MURDERER" "MASS KILLER" "HE DESERVED TO DIE" "COWARD" "GO TO HELL" "I DONT FEEL SORRY FOR YOU DYING"

Henry's tombstone had been vandalized for the first time since the service. It'd been covered with vulgar words and statements that hurt Aarlayn and Lorelei.

They understood people's anger at him. Both understood their reasoning, but seeing the sight itself troubled them. Mostly regarding how the world perceived him now.

Henry left behind a hideous reputation, one that others hated him for. It led to questions Lorelei learned would forever be unanswered. No matter the curiosity that'd been boiling in her chest for so long.

Questioning his motives for committing the crime. Especially in leaving her and Aaralyn to face the aftermath of having the Lorenzo name tied to them.

Stepping up to the broad tombstone, Lory set her fingertips on the concrete, trailing over his name. "H-hey dad," she ached out in a wobbling breath. Her wounds of his death still had a terrible grip on Lorelei, but she knew she had to proceed with her life in time.

Behind Lory's figure, Aaralyn watched her from afar. She'd want her daughter to have her peace with Henry, knowing that she didn't think she had the courage herself to do so.

Her husband was known to the public only as a mass murderer, and truthfully, it hurt going through that realization. Alike, Lorelei, Aaralyn was amid her own grieving process. Not only to the people that he'd killed but also to the man that was once, the love of her life.

Tired eyes to herself, Lorelei hung in thought, gazing at the tombstone. "Finally eighteen now, dad. . . I-I did it," her heart torn apart from the inside just saying those last three words. "I'm now an adult. Well, according to mom, not yet." developing a weak smile then. "Not until I graduate, but I reached the great number I never thought I'd make it to—I mean, you, along with mom, told me I'd make it to here—and you told me especially that when I did-" her eyes creating puddles of tears in seconds. "-that when I did. . . you'd take me and mom on a summer vacation back to New Orleans." those last two words leaving Lorelei with many emotions she never sought to be there.