Chapter 1

-btw the art is not mine.-

Third Person POV (Izuku is six)

It was a normal Sunday night for the Midoriya Household. Little Izuku and his mom happily playing together, not a care in the world. His father staying late to work.. again. But that was normal to Izuku. He barely ever saw his father, and thank goodness for that..

Me and mommy got this new All Might action figure set, it's so cool!! He's the best comic book super hero in the universe! I love getting to play with Mommy. But it's be more fun when daddy plays too..

"Hey mommy?" The young boy asked, setting down the action figure. "Yes Izuku sweetie?" She questioned as they stopped playing. "Why's daddy never home with us? I wanna play heros together like we used to!" He smiled with excitement in his voice.

"Oh honey, he's been busy with work lately, I'm not so sure if he's want to play Super Hero's when he gets back cause he'll probably be tired."  The green haired lady replied, looking sorta uneasy.

Izuku got a little gloomy, he looked down at his lap. "Oh. Okay mommy." He sighed sadly. His green hair falling in front of his big green eyes that were now filled with sadness and a few tears pricking the corners.

"Well at least I have you to play with!" He giggled, his cheerful smile returning to his previously saddened face

His mother looked at him with love and affection. Opening her arms for a hug, Izuku dove into her embrace, giggling once again. He wrapped his little arms around her sides, reaching her back.

"Oh of course Izuku baby. Of course." She reassured. Continuing their hug, until the click of a door could be heard opening

A loud, bored sounding voice sounded through the apartment. "I'm home!"

The voice belonged to Izuku's father, Hisashi. A tall man with scruffy dark brown hair above his pale skin littered with freckles and accompanied by brown irises.

He looked at the mess on the floor. His anger rising a bit. Inko knew what would happen, but she wanted to keep Izuku safe.

"Izuku baby, could you go outside for a bit? Me and your dad have to talk." She asked, her voice shaking from her failed attempt to hide it.

"Mommy what's wrong?" The boy questioned while backing away from their hug, slightly concerned.

"Oh it's nothing dear! I think I just need some water." She replied, trying to sound happy, though she was utterly terrified of her husbands harsh gaze.

"O-oh.. well ok mommy.." he mumbled, heading towards the door. Once Izuku was outside Hisashi's glare become more hate filled. He stepped towards the woman, grabbing her hair to force her to look at him.

"I thought I said I wanted the house clean when I home! What don't you understand about something so simple!?" The man shouted in her face with her hair in a tight grip pulling her upwards.

"Honey I'm really sorr-" the frantic woman began to reply before getting harshly slapped on the cheek, leaving her shocked. She was used to the yelling, but Hisashi had never gotten physical before. Her eyes started to fill with tears that were threatening to spill.

"Are you seriously crying?! Can't even take a little slap. You're overeating!" He angrily spat in her face. Inko closed her eyes tightly, wishing he would leave her alone.

"LOOK AT ME WHEN I SPEAK TO YOU!" He snapped at her, letting go of the handful of hair he was grabbing and pushing her to the ground.

"I'm getting a beer. This place better be clean when I get back. Or I'll leave you in a heartbeat" he seethed, his voice filled with venom and hatred towards the poor woman facing his wrath. He stomped out the door, pushing past his son on the way out.

"Mommy!" Izuku yelled, he was incredibly worried for his beloved mother.

Inko sat up, pain shooting through her back from how she got thrown. "H-hey honey" she said, smiling weakly before getting up.

"You  go brush your teeth and hair alright? Then get in bed and lock your bedroom door." She advised, beginning to pick up the toys on the floor.

"But mommy what happened? Why was dad angry?" Izuku asked, his voice trembling. Seeing people mad scared him.

"Don't worry honey, now go on and brush your teeth." She soothed, leaning down to kiss his forehead, making Izuku smile. He truly loved her.

"Alright momma! Night night" he yelled, running down the hall to the bathroom.

Inko sighed, resuming her cleaning. Inko was a stay at home mom. She didn't have a job so she could always care for her little one. This was one of the many reasons she couldn't leave that awful excuse of a husband. She was completely broke. Hisashi also owned the car and house, so if they divorced Inko would end up homeless.

Now maybe you're wondering why she doesn't just take money out of Hisashi's bank account, well Hisashi doesn't trust Inko with almost anything, especially not his bank account. She doesn't even know where he worked. She had to stay with him, for Izuku's sake.

Izuku's POV

'When dad came back he looked angry.. then I heard him yelling at mommy.. I don't like this. Daddy's acting scary, I miss the old daddy'

I felt a lump in my throat and my eyes start to sting while sad tears streaked down my face. I wiped them away with my pajama sleeves and continued to brush my teeth. I spat the toothpaste into the sink and turned the water on, watching it swirl down the drain like a mini whirlpool.

I walked out of the bathroom and Locked the door like mommy said 'why did she want me to lock the door?' I was confused but I did as she said and turned the lock, after hearing a click I ran to my bed. It was covered in All Might blankets. He's the coolest! Super Hero's save the day and make people happy, maybe he could make mommy happy!!

I snuggled closer to my blankets and dozed off to sleep.. Dreaming of hero's saving the day.

I wonder how mommy's doing right now...

———————————————————————————

Hey guys! If you're seeing this I just wanna thank you for reading this book. I'm still a little new to writing so sorry for any mistakes you might come across. I'm excited for this story and I hope you are too! Well enjoy the story my peeps!

1109 words

6/1/21 (Happy pride month!)