Chapter 17

Katsuki's POV
11:00 pm

It's been a few hours and the nerds still not back. I can't shake the nervous feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I keep scrolling on my phone till I hear the sound of sirens. They're really close to the house.

Did something happen? What's going on?

My curiosity gets the best of me and I set my phone in my pocket before walking out the door. I trudge down the sidewalk to see what all the commotion is from.

Near a bridge there's police and ambulance's, I grow more nervous by the second.

A few officers are talking to a paramedic while there's some others headed underneath the bridge with a stretcher. I walk over to the officers and build up all my courage to speak.

"Uh hey do you know what's going on?" I ask, the officer turns to me with a frown.

"Well we're not completely sure about what happened but we do know a teenage boy fell of this bridge, he looks to be about your age."

I slowly nod and the officer turns back to his conversation with one of the paramedics. I really hope the person is ok. It reminds me so much of what could have happened to Izuku.

Out of the corner of my eye I see a few more paramedics carrying a stretcher. There's a person under a blanket and though I can't see their face I do see..

Green hair. Messy green hair.

My breathing hitches in my throat and I speed over to the stretcher. It can't be Izuku right? It's just somebody me else with green hair! That's probably not such an uncommon hair color!

I get closer to the stretcher and my eyes widen. The freckles, the messy green hair.

My hoodie.

I clutch my mouth with my hand to suppress a sob. I can't believe it. Please not him. I can't lose him.

Tears fall from my fiery red eyes that are usually full of rage but are now overtaken by sadness.

"Sir could you please move out of the way? We have to get to the hospital or this young man may not make it." One of the ladies says to me.

Just the thought of Izuku dying and me never being able to see him again makes me feel sick.

"Can I please ride in the ambulance with him?" I plead with one of the nurses while the other continues to wheel the stretcher into the ambulance. She looks at me confused.

"Do you know him? What is your relationship with him?" She asks.

I say the first words that come to mind.

"He's my boyfriend. Please I don't wanna leave his side." I wipe my tears away.

She gives me a sympathetic smile and steps to the side for me to pass.

"Of course, go right ahead."

I bow in appreciation and rush to the ambulance doors. Izuku already got placed on the bed and an air mask already on his face. Bandages are wrapped around his torso. Tears threaten to spill from my eyes once again.