Chapter 2: Trouble Awaits...

After a fierce battle with Brest-Atom coallition, tankers returned back home.

Valeriy was disappointed in Zvezda's defeat and he also didn't have a chance to talk to his friend after the fight.

After the match schools organised a tea party, all chatting and discussing about the battle. Sergey as usuall, bragged about his improvements as a tanker who just started with the sport.

Sergey: "You have to say that I took a brilliant shot on one of Shermans."

Ruslan: "Finally, you are able to hit the target."

Sergey: "What!? Oh, so you can do it better, huh, you dirtbag?!" he took it personal.

Then he proceeded to tickle him.

Ruslan: "I'm joking, Sergey! Haha, it tickles!"

Dmitri was with commanders of other three teams. He was little bit sad, unable to predict their attack sooner. But, he still enjoyed the battle, despite his first defeat.

Dmitri: "I wanted to thank you for this match. It was really nice, despite our loss."

Aliyev: "I must apologize for our charging so recklessly. We caused a lot of trouble, so in the name of Vostok High School, please accept our sincere apologies, commander Kolobanov!"

Dmitri: "It's OK, Aliyev. No worries. I never had a lot of fun in a while."

Kovalenko: "Kolobanov, may I ask you rather personal question, regarding your change of schools?"

Dmitri: "Sure. I left KPA few days after the final match incident.."

Aliyev: "Oh. What happened?"

Dmitri: "At that time I was the vice commander for KPA, and for the finals my tank was chosen to represent a flag vehicle for easier defense in the battle. However, Bismarck somehow knew our route and switched teams to ambush us in the open field, using landmines to disable my tank and an ISU-152 that suffered critical engine damage and was lit up. Flames spread in matter of seconds so I made the righteous decision I've ever made – to sacrifice the victory and save my friends from near death."

Aliyev: "Whoa. Aren't landmines illegal for the matches? I'm confused."

Kovalenko: "Landmines were legal in battles in 1950s and since then rules didn't change much. After that incident, both teams were under the spotlight for a while – Bismarck for its landmine usage controversy, and KPA for Dmitri's 'brave, but unconventional act'."

Lukashenko: "I also heard that many journalists didn't even mention Yuri Kolobanov's account in the press, somehow promoting censorship. I also heard they would even make up false accounts on things that KPA didn't even tried to do – such as 'usage of live ammo'."

Dmitri then looked down.

Kovalenko: "Anyhow, you're now here, in your new beginning, so cheer up. I promise you that next time we battle, I should try to be careful so I don't get ambushed by Kazakhs again."

Aliyev: "I can you promise not to charge again so recklessly and cause trouble to you."

Lukashenko: "And I promise to arrive on time and never be so late."

Dmitri cheered up, laughing with the rest of the commanders.

...

The next day...

Tankers are on the break after yesterday's tough battle. Boys of Bear Team were hanging out after classes earlier in the morning.

Dmitri: "Ah, I'm finally done with exams and I am now free!" he said happily.