Chapter 5: Battle Begins!

After ten days, tankers were finally prepared to battle Soyuz University.

To many Soyuz is a school with its team that fights unlike the others tankers have faces – not a single strenght is used in favor of victory. Only what's known is that they'll attack unexpectedly  and fast. That's Soyuz, professional team and no one dares to stand in their path.

Mikhail and his assistants have gathered the rest of the team to bring the news about the Soyuz.

Sergei: "So, we gathered here to tell you about our next opponent, whose fighting style is far beyond from what we were able to see so far..."

Ruslan: "Soyuz Selection Pact Team University, a school with their commander who is a teenager named Anatoliy Lavrinenko."

Dmitri and Evgeniy looked at each other. But he gathered strenght and stepped forward.

Dmitri: "Guys. I know it'll be our toughest battle. But I promise you – as long as we work as one like we did all these battles, we can do this!"

Zhukov and rest of the Hunter Team shouted as one "ura", then Che waved his flag with "M-26-7" flag as they cheered to encourage everyone else.

Tertis Team was worried at first, but then joined the historians. Fadin was serious, but joined the rest of Dragon Team who cheered as well.

Armored Cossack Team also cheered and quickly got confident after successfully testing their new creation, a Nitro Charge – an accelerator module for their IS-2's engine, able to boost its engine power and reach high speeds in short time.

Timoshenko: "Yahoo! Let's go!"

Bondarenko: "IS-2 goes in another great battle!"

Petrovich/Fedorov: "Hell yeah!"

Sergey: "COME BACK, YOU LITTLE PRICKS! THE BRIEFING AIN'T OVER YET!" he said, chasing the four Tatars down the hallway.

Everyone laughed.

...

Night before the match...

It was clear night, and sfars shined upon clear sky with a gentle breeze. Dmitri was inspecting the field with Mikhail joining.

Dmitri: "Can I win this one? With outnumbered team, it'll be tricky..." he thought.

Mikhail: "Whatever you worry about, I can tell you're as nervous as me. It's our school again that has to be saved and we're the only heroes it can rely on. I know, and you're not alone."

Dmitri: "Yeah, but still. I can't be so sure for this one. I want to save Zvezda again. However, we still might have some hope in winning, as long as we believe in ourselves. I'm sorry if there's no proper motivation."

Mikhail: "It's fine, Dima. Nobody was prepared for this. This will be interesting, you know. This is for our school, so let's wreck them tomorrow."

Dmitri: "If you say so, President."

...

The day of the match...

At the vast field, tankers from Zvezda gathered on one side with their tanks in the back. Dmitri went to meet the commander.

As he walked towards the commander and judge, he tried to form a brief plan in his mind.

Dmitri: "If only we can divide into four separate platoons of ten tanks each, we might have some  chances. We can't afford losses. Ugh, it's going to be hard one to beat... Maybe this time..."