Chapter 8, Part 1: Stand-off

The light shower turned into a heavy shower. It was raining heavily, fields becoming soaked.

Tanks of both sides were driving to Battle City, a last checkpoint for this match where teams will settle down this battle.

Krasnaya Zvezda took a shortcut to Battle City, a 15-minute drive from the Abadoned Factory.

Dmitri stood on top of his tank, looking around. Then he got inside to draw the next phase of the plan: to secure the city, destroy their remaining forces and leave Anatoliy without defenses.

Dmitri: "Team, this is gonna be the final phase of our operation, so listen up. We're gonna split up into three groups and guard the entrances to the sides and in the middle. Then, we'll take out the remaining tanks, leaving Anatoliy alone so Yuri and I can deal with him, okay?"

Everyone: "Da!"

Dmitri: "Even as a make-shift team, we have to work together so this can work out."

Fyodor: "Hm. You still believe this little silly idea of a make-shift team could work?" he mockingly said, smirking.

Yuri: "Make-shift team is still a team, Fyodor. Do not start this again."

Fyodor looked down, while Matvey giggled. At the Spectators Block, two fathers were patiently waiting for the aftermath. Zinoviy just finished one pack of cigarettes and unpacked the other. Lavrentiy was still casually chuckling at his old rival, lifting his umbrella slightly only to see his rival soaking in the heavy rain.

Lavrentiy: "Not as confident as before, hm?"

Zinoviy: "Don't make me punch you in that face of yours." he then ckuckled, smoking.

Anatoliy headed alone for the Battle City. Petrov, Youssef and Durasov observed their IS-7, which can be seen advancing with remaining tanks in a one single row. Petrov nervously tapped with his leg while all three of them were standing behind Zinoviy, dress uniforms soaking in the rain, with an uneasy feeling.

Durasov and Youssef kept calm.

Petrov: "Our boys have to end this now or they might lose this... God damn it."

Durasov: "That IS-7 will be a tough nut to crack. I think Soyuz will use it for the breach and go for total annihilation with rest of incoming forces."

Youssef: "Not only that - they'll also have a hard time finding Anatoliy, who will also step in with his team to settle this battle."

Petrov: "Please tell me that won't be happening, Youssef." he worried.

Youssef: "Let's hope it won't happen."

...

Squad took defensive positions - Dmitri and Yuri with their squad will guard the main road, while Fyodor and Loza's team took the left side, while  Bondarenko with his group took the right side that leads to the Battle City.

Scouting squad was still carefully following the incoming force from afar. They advanced fast, despite the IS-7, a heavy tank, in their formation.

Yakovlyev: "Whoa, they're pretty fast."

Antonov: "Like assasins in Skyrim."

Anatoliy was on the other side of the City, ready to issue next orders. First he gestured his driver to drive to the theme park.

There he will wait for Kolobanov brothers.