Picnic

Rosa sat restlessly on her chair. The focus of the artist on her face made her nervous. She couldn't help but be skeptical about what he was going to make. "How long is this going to take?" She asked as she stirred.

     "Not much longer. He's nearly done," Tintin replied. He had taken Rosa to the market to get her portrait painted just like he had done the day they met. Rosa had no idea why, she was not a fan of someone staring at her and jotting down everything little thing.

     "You look familiar. Where have I seen you before?" The artist asked out loud. "Oh! I saw you in the newspaper a few weeks ago. I never forget a face."

     I do not like that. Well, it's not his fault. Anyone could remember my face. Rosa looked around the market as she fiddled with her sleeves.

   "I do believe I have captured something of your likeness." The artist turned his easel and Rosa winced in anticipation of the reminder she was about to see. She slowly opened her eyes to the portrait.

 She slowly opened her eyes to the portrait

It wasn't half bad. Rosa chuckled at how sweet and innocent the artist made her look. She tilted her head back and forth as she looked at the picture in front of her. She gave a snarky smile. "I look good." She and Tintin both chuckled.

"It looks amazing, Hergé. Thank you. Here you are," Tintin said as he put a couple of coins into his hands. The artist handed Rosa the portrait and she got up from the stroll she was sitting on before Tintin picked up the picnic basket and held out his arm.

Rosa took it and they walked down the market. "See, I told you it wasn't going to be that bad. You look beautiful."

"I know. I just get nervous about that kind of stuff. Not everyone is as cool with my face as you and Haddock are. People like to stare sometimes," Rosa brushed her hair from the side of her face.

"You have to tune everyone else out. Listen to what you think, not what everyone else does." The two of them walked down the street and towards the park.

"You really give one hell of a pep talk, don't you, kid?" Rosa looked up at him with a slight smile.

"I try. Now, where would you like to set up? We have near the entrance, down by the pond, we could set up near one of the trees..." Tintin pointed as he listed the items from where to set up the picnic.

"Let's go down by the pond. I like feeding the ducks."

"Then the pond it is." They sat down on the grass about twenty feet from the pond and Tintin spread out the blanket while Rosa unpacked the basket. They had both brought a few food items that they wanted the other to try. They couldn't wait to see each other's reactions.

After Tintin sat down and Rosa had laid out the food, they were ready. "This is so nice. I need to take you on some fancy dates, this is starting to make me look bad." Tintin laughed slightly at Rosa's comment. He sighed as he enjoyed the scenery. With the peaceful breeze, the sound of the birds, it was a good idea to bring Rosa here. "So, what did you bring?"