Chapter 19: King Explosion Murder

Tsuki POV
It's been a few days since the sports festival wrapped up and UA has given us a few days off from classes to recuperate.

During this time my dad was finally able to get his bandages removed and get fully healed by Recovery Girl. Because of that, it also meant that he was cleared to use his quirk. But since the attack, it caused a few more drawbacks along with a few extra scars.

Regardless, he was is finally able to resume his night patrols again so I know that was music to his ears.

Since it was his first night in a while of patrolling, I decided to stay awake until he made it back home to make sure he's okay. Except that I didn't actually stay awake.

My dumbass fell alsleep.

If I'm being honest, I don't really even remember falling asleep. One moment I'm up in my loft binge watching the first three seasons of Spongebob, and the next....well I don't really know.

I stretch myself out while letting out a big yawn as my phone falls from my lap. I reach down to grab it, checking the time, 'Looks like it's almost 4 in the morning. He should be back by now.'

Making my way downstairs, I see the light to the dining room on with my dad sitting at the table grading papers.

I let out another disgruntled yawn as I go up to him, resting my head on his shoulder, earning a light chuckle from the man before he reaches up to scratch behind one of my ears.

"Mmmornin'" I purr groggily.

"You're up earlier than I thought you'd be." He chuckles.

"I tried to waiting until you made it back in but obviously I failed." I whine.

"That's okay. I figured you'd be sleep anyway." He smiles, giving my head a few pats.

"You're not gonna get yourself some rest?" I ask, finally removing myself from his shoulder and sitting up.

"I wish, but these papers aren't gonna grade themselves. I can always take a nap before class or during lunch, it's no big deal."

"How long have you been doing this?"

"A few hours."

"Well...at least let me help you. I mean the amount of sleep you allow yourself to get is ridiculous dad. I don't know how you do it. Did you even give yourself a break after you made it in before starting?"

"I grabbed myself a cup of coffee..."

"Dad."

"I appreciate the concern moonshine, I do, but I'll be fine, really."

"Okay, but stop and take a shower to at least relax yourself if you plan on staying up until it's time to go to school. Deal?

"Deal."

"Good. Plus you stink."

"Yeah, yeah." He says knowingly, waving me off. "Go back to bed, I'll wake you up in a few hours for school."

"Mkay." I yawn.

===================================

"What we'll be focusing on today is hero informatics." Dad says, causing everyone to get nervous.

'Why does he make it sound so fancy?'

"You need codenames." He sighs.

'Then just say that.'

"This is related to the pro hero draft picks. Internships are coming up, and depending on how well you performed in the sports fest, you may have multiple offers or you may only have a few. Be sure to keep in mind when choosing a name that it truly embodies the type of hero you want to be and how you would like others to perceive you as well."