Chapter 17: Nightshade

Hi loves!! I'm back with an extra long chapter to hopefully make up for not updating for a while. Sorry to keep you waiting!

Tsuki POV

"I want you in no later than 1. Alright?"

"Got it."

"Did you get all of your homework finished?"

"Yep. And I made sure to look everything over so there shouldn't be any mistakes or unanswered questions. I left it on the island if you want to check over it yourself." I say, pointing in the direction of the kitchen from upstairs as I make my way down to where he is in the living room.

"Good. You got your eyedrops, staff, knives, and combat wire right?"

"Yes I do, right here." I nod, patting my utility belt and walking toward the front door, my dad following not too far behind me. "Dad don't you think you're worrying about this a little too much? It's only a 5 hour night patrol and majority of the crimes are from petty criminals stealing purses, robbing convenience stores and the occasional drunk idiots attempting to take advantage of women. Plus I'll be with Uncle Ritsu the whole time and I'm more than capable of holding my own if it ever comes down to it."

"I know. But that doesn't mean that I'm not gonna worry anyway. Plus it isn't just normal petty criminals all of the time anymore. There's been a few new reports of criminal activity in different cities of Japan recently where it's said that the criminals have been known to use a quirk granting serum." He states, drawing my attention and causing me stop in front of the door.

"A quirk granting serum?"

"Yes. So far they haven't proved to be permanent, only temporary. Even so, villains now have the ability to wield more than one quirk temporarily at any given time, so be weary of that. Alright?" He says, concern evident in his tone.

"That's good to know but dad, we'll be fine." I say, tilting my head back flashing him a reassuring smile before opening the front door to see my uncle waiting for me in the driveway.

"Ugh, I just can't help it, it's normal for parents to be worried for their kids though. And you're my little girl-"

"-who's not so little anymore. I know I'm not exactly an adult yet but I am a hero in training, so expecting danger of any sort is kind of a prerequisite." I cut in, raising an eyebrow.

"I know." He sighs heavily, pulling me in for a hug. "I trust you and I trust your uncle. Kick ass out there kiddo and please, be safe. I love you sweetheart."

"Will do. And I love you too."

"Don't worry your ass off Shota. She's in good hands, you should know that better than anyone else." Uncle Ritsu assures, lightly slapping my dad on the back. He grows a pair of wings from his back before looking over to me. "You all ready to go Mini?"

"Yep, let's jet." I smile, giving my dad a kiss on the cheek and walking over to my uncle. "See you later on tonight dad. Oh, and I called Uncle Mic to keep you company, he should be over in a few."

"See you t-, WAIT WHAT?!"

Uncle Ritsu locks his arms under my armpits and around my shoulders, double checking that his grip is secure. Once he's sure we're both comfortable, he spreads his wings up and quickly flaps them down, swiftly launching us into the sky.

A few minutes of flying goes by as he gets us to a good enough height and is finally able to set himself at a steady pace.

"You doing okay down there kiddo?" He asks, looking down at me in his arms.