Chapter 10: Mom?

Tsuki POV

Darkness.

Complete. And. Utter. Nothingness.

Nothing to see, nothing to feel, other than the eerie silence and spine chilling atmosphere that is the foreboding blackness ahead.

It's all just...

..empty.

"Where am I?" I speak out, stepping further into the blackness with heavy caution. I look around in confusion trying to make sense of where I am, having very little success.

I turn back to check from where I previously came, only to now be met with an empty endless white void of some sort.

"Great. And what exactly is this supposed to be?" I grumble in annoyance.

A faint draft ruffles through my hair catching me by surprise as I watch rosy pink petals swirl past, leading my my gaze to a cherry blossom tree in the distance.

I can see a small woman standing next to it with her back facing in my direction. The faint breeze reaches to her, rippling through her short white hair and brushing against her pale skin.

She's wearing what appears to be a white off the shoulder dress, accommodated by a gold charmed bracelet and her feet dressed in tan sandals.

By her posture she almost looks like...

Wait a minute.

Is that?..

Mom?

"Mom? Is that you?" I almost whisper in uncertainty, completely frozen by disbelief. Sounding as if I was having a hard time in believing the sight before me; nevertheless, the words from my own mouth.

"Mom, it's me!" I shout a bit louder, hoping to get her attention. I decide to take a few steps forward, calling to her once again in effort to get her to turn around.

"Can you hear me? Mom!" I cry out.

By now, my pace is quickening. I break out in attempt to run to her, but I'm immediately stopped by the tight grip something grabbing hold to one of my arms.

I struggle to break loose from the dark unknown substance, jerking my arm forward, only for it grab ahold to one of my legs.

"Mom, please! Look at me!" I plea in desperation.

I continue to fight against it, extending my free arm forward in hopes of still being able to reach my mother. But, my efforts are ineffective.

I look down to my leg, only to see it completely enveloped by the darkness. No trace of what was previously there to be seen.

Before I know it, the unknown substance is slowly creeping its way up my legs and torso, restricting me even more.

I eventually find that the more I fight against it, the more my efforts seem to go in vain as it's now completely taken over my entire body. My head being the only place that has yet to be touched.

It slowly crawls its way from my neck onto my cheek and into my nose and mouth, making it almost impossible for me to breathe. My consciousness begins to slip as it inches closer to my eyes, making it harder to see my mother's figure. Until finally, I stop resisting; allowing my senses to succumb to the obscurity, as it swallows me whole.

Pulling me into the darkness.

======================================================================
Word count: 525