Kurapika x reader

(lmao that last one caught me off guard 🤣🤣)

"Wait up, guys!" I yelled after my cousins, chasing after them like always.

"Go away Loser!" One of them shouted back at me.

I stopped running. I couldn't believe what she had said. After everything we had been through together, she'd just do this to me?

They ran off laughing, leaving me there to wonder what I had done so wrong that everyone else seemed to do so right.

I walked home. On the way, it started to rain. I started running, but I tripped over a tree root sticking up out of the ground and fell.

"Hey are you ok?" I heard a voice ask.

"Huh...?" I asked, leaning up a bit and putting my left hand on the back of my head. 

"Are you ok? I saw you fall and I wanted to make sure you weren't hurt," The person said again. 

I looked up a little more to see short blond hair on a pale-ish boy. He was wearing a tabard that was dark blue with gold on it. His eyes were dark grey, but something told me he was hiding something that had to do with his eyes. 

Suddenly, the rain stopped. I looked around and saw that the sky was clearing. He was looking around too, probably thinking the same thing. 

"It stopped raining..." He muttered to himself. 

"Anyways, thanks for stopping to see if I was alright," I said. 

"It wasn't a problem. I'm Kurapika, and your name is...?" He said politely. 

"My name is (y/n). It's nice to meet you Kurapika." 

"Wanna go play at the playground down the road?" Kurapika asked. 

I nodded and started running in that direction, yelling that the last one to get there was a rotten egg. He laughed for a second and ran after me, smiling and having fun. 

When we got to the playground, I saw my cousins. They looked over at me, started whispering to each other, and then looked at Kurapika. 

"Just ignore them," I said when I saw him looking at them. 

We spent the day having fun and playing games together, and then my cousins came over and started being mean again. 

"Hey loser," one of them said. The other snickered in delight at the insult. 

"Leave me alone!" I yelled at them. 

Kurapika looked at me and then they started talking about Kurapika. 

"Oh look. The brat got herself a boyfriend!" The older one, Minny, said. 

"Oh shut up! You're just mad because no one wants to be friends with you!" I yelled at them. 

Minny walked up to me and I took a step back. Kurapika walked in front of me, and so Minny started beating him up. Once they had enough, they decided to go home for the day. 

I immediately knelt down to check on Kurapika. He was passed out, and so since I didn't know where he lived, I decided to take him to my house. 

My mother was a nurse at a hospital nearby, and she had done four years at college. She knew how to dress bandages and stuff so I trusted that she could help Kurapika. 

When I got to the door, my mom opened it. She looked down at Kurapika and she immediately helped me set him on the couch. While she started helping him I told her what had happened. She was furious. She finished helping him and then went to deal with my cousins. 

While she was gone, Kurapika woke up. He groaned in pain a little, and then sat up and looked around. 

When he saw me, he calmed down a bit. 

"I didn't know what to do with you, y'know. You passed out back there and I didn't know where you lived. I brought you to my house since my mom is a nurse, and I thought she could help. And look at that, she did," I said. 

"Oh, um, thanks," he said. 

I smiled, and we spent the rest of the day talking. My mom made my cousins come apologize to both me and Kurapika, and then they had to do all of the chores. It was fun watching them try and figure out how to use a potato pealer. 

Welcome to the Author's Note! 

I am sooo sorry that this took so long. For a while I was just being lazy and then I got my first case of writer's block in an entire year and a half, so that was fun. Anyways I decided to end this here since I've done everyone I geniuenly wanted to do. I might do another book for this anime, but Idk. Maybe, maybe not. 

I do have a few book ideas I want to test out, so we'll see how that goes when it comes around to that time, but until then I might take a small break (Especially since I just started high-school). Also, I had to ask one of my friends for an idea on this and that's why I put the playground scene in here. 

Don't forget to search up "eggs with legs" on google and have a nice day/night!

Word count: 864