Ch. 1: Manager

A/n: This is my first time writing a fanfic so uh, go easy on me please. I swear my writing gets better towards the end of the story. I'll be updating probably once a week?

   The Aoba Johsai team was on the bus heading towards Karasuno. Due to budgeting and the team's managers wanting to meet up, it was decided that they would travel to the training camp together.

   It was early in the morning when they pulled into the Karasuno parking lot, much earlier than expected. The other team wasn't even there yet. Most of the boys had fallen asleep during their ride but were abruptly woken up by the loud voice of their captain telling them to get up. Everyone got up and off the bus, except for a certain (h/c) haired manager who was still sleeping in the back seats. Not wanting to disturb her, the boys left a note and went for a short walk before the Karasuno team arrived.

     A fair amount of chatter could be heard coming from outside as the girl woke up, seeing a note left in front of her.

   'We're just going for a little walk, we'll be back soon  -Your favourite, Tooru <3'

   Just as she'd read the note the door on the bus opened and a few of the boys from Karasuno came in. Two of them seemed to freeze in awe seeing the girl sitting in the back before rushing towards her and spouting out questions. "What're you doing here? Are you from Aoba Johsai? You're so pretty."

   "I-I'm just waiting for Oikawa and the team to-" 

   She was cut off by groaning, "So you're just one of Oikawa's fangirls?"

   An audible scoff was heard from the girl which surprised the two. "Ew, don't lump me in with Shittykawa's squealing fangirls." They stared at her in shock until they were pushed aside by a face that was familiar to the girl. "Ah, Tobio-kun." A softer tone could be recognized and a smile was shown on her face, a rough contrast to the disgusted expression she'd held just seconds before.

   "L/n-senpai." The setter responded with a simple nod.

   "It's been a while. What have I said about calling me that?"

   "Sorry, Y-Y/n-san" Everyone on the bus was now watching the interaction, confused as to how the two knew each other and how this girl had managed to make Kageyama apologize and stutter. Realizing everyone's confusion he continued. "We went to the same junior high, she goes to Seijoh now." And with that everyone seemed to nod in understanding.

   "Everyone take a seat now, stop bothering her. I'm sorry, what was your name?" Daichi swooped in to avoid the uncomfortable silence. "Shouldn't your team be here with you?"

   "I'm Y/n L/n, it's nice to meet you... We got here too early s-so they just went for a walk. And didn't wake me up." The last part of her sentence was seemingly laced with venom.

   The awkward exchange was somewhat interrupted by a louder voice. "Sorry to keep you waiting, we should get going now! I hope our little manager didn't bother you too much." Oikawa said, stepping onto the bus with a knowing grin.

   "I didn't think you guys had a manager?"

   "Yep! Y/n-chan just stays out of sight cause she's shy." The brunette teased. Getting annoyed with all the attention that had been put on her, the girl turned to Oikawa and suggested they sit down so they can make their way to the training grounds. 

   Both teams seemed to agree and took their seats while Iwaizumi was scolding their captain for making them late and bugging their manager. Karasuno's two managers got along with her well and they grew quite close, much to Y/n's relief.