Ch. 11: Truth Or Dare

Y/n stirred in her sleep, causing Kenma to panic and think he'd woken her up somehow. Kuroo laughed at his friends expression quite loudly, which fully woke her up. Once she realized where she was she immediately sat up straight. "I'm so sorry, Kenma! I didn't know I was leaning on you." Her face was a bright red and she was doing everything in her power to avoid eye contact with him.

   "It's fine." To everyone's surprise, including his own, he brought a hand up to her head and ran his fingers through a piece of her hair. She stiffened at the action and could've sworn everyone at the table could hear her heart beating out of her chest. "Sorry... A bit of your hair was out of place."

   Meanwhile, Kuroo and Oikawa were absolutely dying at how adorable their two friends were being. "Hey, hey, Y/n-chan!" The brunette tried to get her attention. "What is it that you have planned for us later?" 

   "Did you tell them?" She finally looked at Kenma, albeit slightly disappointed.

   He saw her sudden saddened state and felt bad, even though he really hadn't told them anything about her surprise. "No, I didn't say anything about that." He gave a reassuring smile that made her smile back, almost in relief.

   "Soooo, what do you have planned for us, Y/n?" Kuroo joined.

   "It's a surprise and it's not quite done yet. You'll see later." The bell rang throughout the dining hall signalling that their lunch period was over. Getting up from her seat, she gave a wave as she started to walk away. "Alright, I'll be going now."

   "Wait, I'll come help." Kenma called and quickly got up himself. If they hadn't known better it would have looked as if he was chasing after her like a lost puppy. And to be fair, he kind of was chasing after her.

   Y/n took his hand, leading him back to the now empty room so they could finish setting things up. "Looks like Kenma's the one being dragged this time." Oikawa laughed.

   It was getting late and everyone was finishing up their activities, including Y/n and Kenma who were just about to inform their captains about their little plan. "Tooru! Can you and Kuroo get all the teams gathered up?"

   She had said his name properly for once, without the use of any vulgar additions, so he knew to take her seriously. "You look pretty excited, what's up?"

   "I'm scared that no one will like it, but we finished setting everything up so there's no going back now." She chuckled nervously.

   "I'm sure they'll love anything you've put together for them." He jogged away and came back with Kuroo and the rest the training camp's participants. "Ready whenever you are, Y/n-chan!"

   "U-um well, since we don't have anything planned for today and the gyms are closed, me and Kenma cleared out a room for all of us to use." She held her head down as she walked but they could understand what she said. "We have some games set up, but if you don't want to do that it's fine."

   She opened the door and entered the wide space that now had a few tables with games set out on top of them, some mats laid out on the floor for anyone who didn't want to sit at a table and lights that they'd found in the boxes lining each windowsill, allowing a dim glow to fill the room.

   "This looks so cool, Y/n-san! Kenma too, thank you!" Hinata bounced towards the two who were now sitting against one of the walls. Y/n smiled at him while Kenma just sat quietly.

   "Hey! We should play truth or dare!" Kuroo held a mischievous look on his face.

   Oikawa, catching onto what he was doing, agreed too. "Truth or dare sounds fun. Right, Y/n-chan?"

   "I don't know..."

   "Actually, that's a great idea. We can learn more about each other and have some fun with the dares!" Sugawara piped in. "Nothing too serious, of course."

   "Alright then." She agreed with a sigh. "Are you playing, Kenma?"

   He looked to Kuroo who was still grinning like an idiot. "I guess so-"

   "Great! We can all sit in a circle here and start!" And so they all sat in a circle. Oikawa sat to Y/n's right, Kenma to her left and Kuroo to his. "Who's starting?"

   "Oh, oh! Can I go first?" The orange haired ball of sunshine raised his hand excitedly. "Saltyshima! Truth or dare?"

   "Why me? Dare."

   "I dare you to say something nice about everyone here!"

   "Seriously?" He looked around the room in disgust. "Can I pick truth instead?"

   "No changing your answer!"

   Needless to say, this first dare took quite a while to complete. Tsukishima was giving most people back handed compliments until he got to the other side of the circle. "You're a good captain, but you're too full of yourself." He pointed to Oikawa. "You're smart and quiet. Good with strategies."

   "Hey! Why does Y/n-chan only get a compliment?"

   "Because she's tolerable." Then he turned to Kenma. "You're quiet too, that's good."

   Let's just say, Tsukishima didn't hold back when it came to the negative comments about Kuroo.