Ch. 13: Truth Or Dare 2.0

*private chat between Kenma and Y/n*

Kenma

Hey, what was that about exactly...?

Y/n

Sorry. Kiyoko and Yachi dared me to do a prank and they sort of chose you as the target

Are you still playing truth or dare?

Kenma

We just stopped because of the whole group chat thing. Thanks for saving me from doing any more dares :)

Y/n

Don't thank me, Kiyoko and Yachi were the ones who planned it out

They're staying in the dorm but I'm coming back now

Kenma 

Actually, can we go to my dorm?

I've had enough of all the noise here

Y/n

Sure thing. I'll be waiting in the hall

   "I'm going with Kenma now. Wish me luck." Y/n stood up with a nervous laugh.

   "Good luck, but I don't think you'll need it." Kiyoko smiled. "Me and Yachi should be the first to know if you two get together though, don't forget to tell us all the details!" The blonde nodded along as Y/n left the room.

   She walked down the long hallway at a quick pace, though not as quick as her heart was beating. Her nerves were getting the best of her and she started to overthink, wondering if she'd screw up her friendship if she tried to tell him how she felt. She was so shaken that she didn't see Kenma walk up to her. "Hey..." 

   "Oh, hi..." They were frozen in an awkward silence before Kenma opened his room door and they went inside. "What do you want to do? We still don't have any games."

   He sat down on the floor as Y/n sat across from him, heart still beating out of her chest. "Let's play our own game of truth or dare. You can go first." His voice was calm, unlike her thoughts.

   "Alright. Truth or dare, Kenma?" She steadied herself as the embarrassment of her little confession washed away.

   "Dare."

   "Really?" She looked at him in surprise before pondering about what kind of dare she could give him. "I dare you to show me the first, tenth, and twenty seventh photo in your camera roll."

   "That's kind of specific, but it seems pretty easy." He pulled out his phone, scrolling through and finding the photos. The first one was of him and Kuroo when they were young. The second was a picture from a game he'd played. But he hesitated to show her the final one, slowly turning his phone to let her see a screenshot of her messages from earlier. "Don't ask."

   Her eyes widened. "Ok then. I guess it's your turn."

   "Truth or dare?" Kenma was quieter than before, hiding his flustered face.

   "Since you went with dare, I'll go with dare too."

   He slightly grinned at her. "Then I dare you to compliment Oikawa."

   She gasped, holding a hand to her chest for dramatic effect. "How cruel could you possibly be, Kenma?" Though she didn't want to, she opened her phone and sent a text message out of the blue to her friend. "Hey, Tooru. Just wanted to tell you that you're an amazing captain and I really appreciate you being my friend. Is that good enough for you?"

   "Perfect. He'll probably be confused." He laughed, making Y/n's face heat up. "Hopefully he doesn't think you're dying."

   She shook herself back to normal and continued the game. "Truth or dare?"

   "I'll choose truth this time."

   "I'm not sure of what to ask, hmm." A soft hum filled the room as she thought and Kenma felt almost disappointed when it came to an end. "If you could say one thing to anyone in the world with no repercussions, who would it be and what would you say?" 

   "Can I get back to that one? I need to think on it a bit." She nodded. "So, truth or dare?"

   "I'll copy you again. Truth."

   "Was that really just a dare?" He eyed her suspiciously, smiling as the question clicked in her head and her eyes widened.

   Y/n started to panic again. "I'm not sure what you mean. What dare are you talking about?" Her reaction alone was enough of an answer for him.

   "How about a different question then?" Kenma leaned toward her, lifting a hand to her face. "Can I do this?"

   "Huh-?" She didn't get to question him. His hand on her cheek kept her facing him as he got even closer, lightly pecking her lips and moving away again.

   "Back to that truth you asked earlier..." His eyes wandered the room, looking anywhere but at her. "I would say that I wasn't entirely joking when I said that dumb pickup line. Even though we haven't known each other for very long, I really like you."

   Y/n opened her mouth to speak, quickly shutting it after finding herself at a loss for words. Instead, she pulled Kenma in by his collar and kissed him, feeling him grin against her and kiss back. "Y-yeah... I like you too." She quietly said as they broke away.

   "Y/n?" The setter held onto her chin, keeping her now extremely flustered face close to his own. "We can't be friends because we're both introverts, right? So, would you be my girlfriend?"

   She nodded with a small smile. "I'd like that, Kenma."

———————————————

So yeah this is the end. Thank you so much to everyone who actually read through this, I honestly didn't think I'd get any reads at all. Sorry it ends abruptly and very ooc, I just ran out of ideas.