05

5

    IT WAS OCTOBER 31ST. THE NIGHT OF HALLOWEEN. you were all freshman in college so it wouldn't be a surprise if there was a party. thing is, you weren't invited. which you didn't mind. instead you could sleep on your bed and binge watch anime all night instead, which was your preference. in your eyes, all parties consisted of was kissing in corners, fucking in bedrooms, and getting drunk with jocks. not your cup of tea.

    as you scrolled on instagram you saw stories of many people from your school of the party. purple leds were hung up all around and fog machines were placed all over. videos of people downing shots and kissing people were frequent. you even saw a clip of connie jump from a staircase and jean cheering in the background. but it was one thing that caught your attention was in the background of a video. eren was making out with annie and pushing her into a bedroom but that's all that was shown.

    you turned off your phone quickly and looked outside though the window, thinking of the old days where eren meant so much to you and you valued him more than anything.

    "mommy!"

    "i'm sorry for your loss, y/n."

    "no! mommy's not gone! we're gonna go to the beach again right, mommy?"

    "y/n... she's not here anymore."

    "NO SHE'S RIGHT HERE!"

    "she should go and rest, we can figure adoption later."

    "alright, thank you very much, doctor."

    "MOMMY! COME BACK!"

    "y/n, let's go."

...

    "is y/n home? we haven't seen her in a week..." eren's tiny voice slipped from the door of hange's house.

    "she's home, she just isn't being herself." hange replied.

    "is it because mrs l/n passed away?" eren asked. hange replied with a solemn nod. "can i see her?"

    "of course, she may not allow you in though..."

    "that's okay." eren smiled and stepped into the house, going to the familiar white door. he knocked once and no response followed. "y/n? it's me, eren." again, no response. until a tiny e/c eye peeked from a crack in the door.

    "eren...?"

    "can i come in?" he asked. a quick nod came from your figure, and you opened the door farther. the room was practically empty, brown boxes filled empty spaces and nothing than a small bed and multicolor blankets consisted of the only furniture. eren followed you onto your bed and you both sat in comfortable silence. "why haven't you played with us lately?" nothing more than a shrug came from you. more silence washed  over the both of you, until eren's arms wrapped around you.

    "listen, your mom might not be her in person, but she'll always be here in your heart." he consulted. he pointed to you chest where your heart is. "right here, she loved you and you loved her." tears began to start in your eyes. you hugged eren back quickly and cried into his chest.

    "it's just... mommy's all i had!" you sobbed. he continued to hug you as your sniffles and cries filled the room again.

    "no she wasn't."

    "huh?"

    "you have me."

    "y/n! can we come in?" hange's voice interrupted your flashback.