10. Halloween ^

To nobody's surprise, Lupin quickly became one of the most popular and respected professors in the school. Of course, the only person who found something wrong with my godfather was Draco Malfoy.

He was regularly seen comparing him to a house elf, but nobody cared about that when he was one of the best defence teachers seen in years. Gennie was on cloud nine, considering people would come up to her in the corridors and say how awesome her dad was.

His next few lessons were just as interesting-we moved onto studying Red Caps, then Kappas, which were partially deadly, but just as amazing. It was safe to say I was easily passing this class.

But it was clear I was failing Divination-I now got used to daydreaming in class, trying to think of something interesting I could pretend to see in the tea. I couldn't even bunk off, because I didn't want to spend three hours with Snape cleaning cauldrons, thank you very much.

But of course, I now had something to daydream about-Quidditch. Yes, I had made it onto the Gryffindor team, as a chaser!

Since the match was fast approaching in divination, I found myself going back to the trial with a stupid proud smile on my face.

"So you're really trying out for the team?" Gennie enquired as we headed down to the pitch in the early sunlight. "I thought you just wanted to cheer me on, dealing with the new blood."

"Well, that, and--oh no." I gasped as we reached it onto the pitch. "I have no chance.

There were at least ten other people geared up ready for the chaser trials.

Gennie put her hands on my shoulders and stared at me with steely determination. "I've seen you fly Rory, you have talent! Way more than you should have, after only flying for a couple months. You can do it!"

Soon, Oliver Wood, the mildly attractive and well build Captain appeared. He blinked a few times, noticing the amount of people waiting.

"I didn't think that many people wanted to be chasers, but okay."

Soon, Oliver Wood, the well-built seventh year captain entered the pitch. He looked quite shocked at the fact of how many were trying out.

Many people murmured responses, and I twisted Kayley's friendship bracelet for luck. "Right, well grab a school broom, and fly a lap, I need to see if you can actually fly."

Two second years girls, whom didn't look at all equipped, slid off their brooms straight away. I felt bad for them, but it was less competition for me then, right?

Wood nodded at me in approval as I landed, and I felt my heart soar. I wasn't that bad then, right? "Now, I'll defend, and whoever gets the most out of ten quaffles in, will be on the team; no exceptions-okay?"

The seven of us nodded, and I tied my hair into a tight ponytail, as a way of getting prepared. I felt like I had to do this. I had to get onto the team. If not because I loved Quidditch, but for my father. He was captain at one point, and I'm sure he'd be proud.

A fifth year girl missed half of them, and she looked near tears. Two of the boys got six out of ten, another three got seven, and a sharp eyed girl called Alicia had eight out of ten.

Now it was my turn, and I felt like I was walking to my execution.

Taking a deep breath, I pretended I was going to the right, and Gennie and Katie fell for it; allowing me to go to the left easily. At break-neck speed I darted and rolled on my broomstick over to Wood, and did the fake turn so he edged towards the left, when I threw it over his right hand.