16. Patronus problems^

"What the hell, Rory?!" Ron screamed at me. "You can't trust him! He hates us! He's just going to use and hurt you! I bet he just wants to screw around with you-"

"Shut up, shut up," Cole said sharply to Ron, standing in-between the two of us as I tried to fly at Ron, wanting to hit him.

"SHUT THE HELL UP RON, YOU DON'T KNOW HIM!" I screamed. "All you care about is eating and complaining and being a rude pig!"

"Rory, you can't blame him for having an opinion!" Hermione shouted at me.

"All I'm doing is finding a new friend?! And now I'm the bad guy in this!" I shrieked. "Gennie's the one turning me into the villain!"

"And you're turning into the victim!" Gennie screamed. Everybody else fell silent, the two of us facing off. "I've told you a lot of shit about my life Rory, but you can't tell me you made a new friend?"

"BECAUSE YOU ALL HATE HIM!" I burst out. "YOU'RE ALL SO JUDGEMENTAL YOU CAN'T SEE PAST WHAT YOUR PARENTS TOLD YOU ABOUT BEING IN SLYTHERIN!"

"HE'S A BAD PERSON, STOP ACTING LIKE YOU KNOW EVERYONE!" Gennie said, shoving me in the chest harshly. "His family... His family are bad people. They worked for Voldemort, who by the way, is the whole reason your family are dead!"

"AND HE'S NOT HIS FAMILY!" I shouted. "You of all people should know that!"

A deadly silence passed between us. "What did you say?"

"Nothing," I said hastily "I just-AGHGHHGH!"

Gennie had grabbed me by the hair and was trying to throw me to the ground, anger radiating in every inch of her body. Shrieking, I grabbed her hair and pulled hard, the two of us rolling around, swearing at each other and trying to hurt each other.

"STOP IT!" Cole screamed, and he pulled us apart, both of us panting.

"You bitch! I hate you!" Gennie said, rubbing at her scalp.

"Never ever speak to me again," I whispered, my voice sharp with pain.

Gennie shoved past me and ran up the stairs, sobbing. Moments later, we heard a door slam. Hermione gave me a look and hurried up the stairs after her.

Harry stared at me, speaking for the first time. "I thought you trusted me. But you didn't trust me with this."

And then he walked away.

********

As expected, our friendship group was in tatters. Ron and Harry weren't talking to the rest of us. Hermione was flitting between me and Gennie, finally seeing my point of view. Cole stayed glued to my side, which wasn't a bad thing.

Even though Hermione kept saying me and Gennie should try and work things out, I was still so angry at her. So what, I didn't tell her I was friends with Draco? It was my decision not to, because I knew she'd react like that.

But there was no excuse for her to over-react and act as if I had killed somebody, then telling everybody else and humiliating me.

It was a relief when school started back, and the tower became noisy and crowded instead of empty and awkward. Alia quickly found Cole and I in the common room, throwing herself onto me.

"Where is Genesis Lupin so I can slap her in her smug face?" was the first thing she said.

I gave Cole a look. "What? I had to tell her, she'd smell the awkward from a mile away."

"Can I?" Alia asked brightly.

"No!" I exclaimed. "I already pulled her hair... Just, try and talk some sense into her, but no fists or legs will be involved."