Chapter 2- Thank you

The chapter's playlist is here!

Strip- Little Mix ft Sharaya J

Help Me Out- Maroon 5 ft Julia Michaels

Still Got Time- ZAYN ft PARTYNEXTDOOR

***

DABI

"He broke up with me because I'm fat."

At first, his face contorts in utter confusion, not being able to comprehend the words that just left Rumiko's mouth. Soon, rage takes over the confusion.

"He did what?!"

"He even made sure I knew I was embarrassing him with this dress. Apparently, he can't be seen with someone like this."

"And you let him break up with you? You should've broken up with him! What a piece of trash of a man." Hawks comments harshly.

"It caught me off guard, it was so sudden. If I knew it was coming I would've given a piece of my mind. But fuck him, it's not even worth my wrath."

Dabi gets to his feet. His glance darts around the dance floor and it lands on his target. Until the sun rises again, that man will be dead.

"Where are you going?" Rumiko wonders.

"I'm willing to do your favour after all."

Without any other words, Dabi stomps between the random people, pushing his way through, his eyes locked on target. Small flares of blue flames ignite around his figure. When the guy is within his reach, Dabi notices how he is already hitting on another girl, that is most like the guy's type, but far less beautiful to Dabi's eyes.

Dabi lands his hand on the guy's shirt. A thin line of smoke lifts at contact. The man yelps and turns around to face Dabi.

"Do I know you?!" the man exclaims, his voice high-pitched with surprise.

"You think you can do whatever you want with whatever girl you find?" he says in a low tone, grabbing the collar of the man's shirt and pulling him close, so he could see Dabi's sadistic eyes up close. "Are you coming for her? Are you blind? I'll kill you, you fucker!"

People around them scream when Dabi's free arm ignites with his flames. The man trembles in his grasp.

"Rumiko? I didn't even like her. The relationship was getting nowhere!" The man's voice was desperate. "I did her a favour!"

"Yeah, you did her the favour of getting her rid of you. But your little comments can't go without punishment."

"Ah, what is happening here?'' A friendly tone gets closer to Dabi's ear. Then, an arm wraps around his shoulders. "It seems my friend here got overheated, am I right? Why don't we go calm down?" Hawks gloved hand fans Dabi's flames in a ridiculous attempt to put them out. The rhythm of the fanning gets more urgent, as Hawks' face closes to Dabi's to whisper. "We don't want anyone else to get worried, do we? Besides, as a former hero, I can't just let you kill a man like it is nothing."

The flames dissipate only because Dabi decides to subside his quirk. His face falls to his normal, bored demeanour.

"Get closer to her ever again and you won't get off this easily." Dabi leaves a warning to the shaking man before he releases his shirt. The man falls to his knees, a terrified look on his face.

Smacking Hawks hand away, Dabi turns around to pace back to the table where Rumiko awaits him. Her face portrays some feeling between worry and contempt. As in, her eyebrows are furrowed even though she is trying so hard to show a smug smile. However, her fingers fidget with the end of her dress. A sign of distress Dabi recognizes.