Chapter 4~ The Purebloods

A/n: I just wanted to say that a significant portion of this chapter is not my original work. It belongs to J.K Rowling. 

As soon as Piper set out from the rest of the demigods she was pulled into a compartment.

"Whatー" She started to yelp before a hand covered her mouth.

"Shush! They might hear you!" A voice hissed in her ear.

"It's clear." Another voice muttered a minute later.

"What on earth did you do that for?! And who might hear me?!" Piper asked indignantly. She could make out the two girls she was talking to now.

"The Slytherin lot were coming towards you. And from what I can see you're a muggle-born, meaning you'll get bullied by them." The first speaker said, tossing her mane of curls. The second, with shiny black hair and almond-shaped eyes, nodded.

"Bullied!?" Piper asked sharply. "I haven't uttered a peep around them before!"

The girl with almond-shaped eyes sighed. "If you are a muggle-born it won't matter whether you know them or not. They only respect those who have wizard ancestors."

"Plus, they all turn out evil! There hasn't been a single nice Slytherin since the school was founded!" The other, who was later revealed to be named Marietta, was starting to remind Piper of Kione.

Piper nodded, keeping the emotions that sprung up at the statement locked away.

"What makes you think I'm a muggle-born?" She asked Marietta quietly.

"Your clothes." Marietta's friend stated.

Piper flushed. "What's wrong with my clothes?"

"Nothing's wrong with them, they just are very... muggle like," Marietta said quickly, glancing over Piper's outfit. Piper looked down and saw that she was wearing the same shirt as she had been when the Argo II first arrived in New Rome.

"I guess I can see your point," Piper said while laughing. A wave of nostalgia washed over her. It had been so simple back then before Leo helped make a war that would already be bad even worse by incapacitating most of the gods.

The three girls sat looking out the windows for a little bit until a boy sauntered up to the door of their apartment.

"Good afternoon ladies!" It was clearly someone that Cho (Who had introduced herself beforehand) and Marietta had known from their first year.

Marietta rolled her eyes. "Go away, Brooke."

"Why should I listen to you, Mari? Especially when there are two lovely ladies here to entertain?" The boy, Brooke, smiled at Piper and Cho.

"First of all, neither of them are looking for a flirt to chase after them all day to no success, and second DON'T CALL ME MARI!"

Marietta pushed Brooke out of the compartment and then turned to say calmly to the others, "I hate him so much."

Meanwhile, Nico was engaged in an unpleasant conversation with a bratty eleven-year-old boy.

"Are you a pureblood?!" The boy asked for the eleventh time.

"I would say yes," Nico said, and the boy perked up. "Because my blood is incapable of not being pure, except for how much siblings love to marry each other in my family tree."

That seemed to satisfy the boy until he caught sight of something that made him frown again.

"Why are you wearing muggle clothes?" He asked suspiciously.

"My sister gave them to me," Nico said quickly. This satisfied the boy again.

"Well then, I suspect we'll be great friends, that is if you get into Slytherin of course. I, on the other hand, am guaranteed to get into the house of snakes."

Nico nodded, not saying a word to contradict the boy.

"I'm Malfoy by the way, Draco Malfoy. What's your name?"

"Nico di Angelo."

"Pleased to meet you, Nico."

"What's your story?" Harry asked Percy. Jason's heart started to race, and he frantically started making up dull stories that would never interest the two eleven-year-olds sitting across from him when he was saved by the interruption of a smiling woman with a cart full of candy.

"Anything off the cart, dears?" She asked.

Harry leaped to his feet, hurrying outside, seeming to take note of the fact that Ron's ears were turning pink. Percy would've followed if not for Jason holding him down.

"You've had enough sugar already!" He hissed.

Harry reappeared, causing the others in the apartment to stare as they took in the massive amount of candy in the boy's arms.

"Hungry, are you?" Ron asked.

"Starving," Harry replied, taking a large bite of one of his many sweets.

Ron took out a lumpy bag of what he revealed to be sandwiches.

"She always forgets that I don't like corned beef." He muttered as he pulled apart one.

"Swap you for one of these," Harry said, holding up a pastry. "Go on -"

"You don't want this, it's all dry," said Ron. "She hasn't got much time," he added quickly, "you know, with five of us."

"Go on, have a pasty," Harry said. He clearly wasn't about to take no for an answer, so the four boys all took their fair share of candy.

A golden haired girl who was about four years old walked along a shoreline that had just finished swallowing the sun before shadows too large to be her own overtook her steps. She giggled. "Awda! Come out of the shadows!"

Another girl appeared, about nine, with raven black hair. She sighed. "Why are you impossible to scare?"

The four year old giggled; but her response was cut off as the night sky seemed to leech down to the ground and consumed them.

The pleasant salty air was filled with screams, of laughter and terror.