Ruby, Eggo, and Cake

Title: Ruby, Eggo, and Cake.
...

Tim sat under a tree by the lake, waiting patiently for his girlfriend to arrive. It was the day after Durmstrang and Beauxbatons had arrived, and he couldn't be happier. After the confusion with the appearance of Duke, Babs, and Steph had been explained, they'd all hung out in the Room of Requirement, catching up on everything that had occurred while the family was separated. But now, it was quiet and they'd all gone to do their own thing. Damian was at Hagrid's, Jason was introducing Duke to the twins, Babs and Dick were having a lunch date, and Cass disappeared shortly after the meeting. And Tim? Well, he was alone with his thoughts, waiting under that same tree.

Tim completely understood why Bruce had sent the girls and Duke to other schools. It made sense. Duke wasn't yet adopted by Bruce, though that hadn't really stopped them from viewing the boy as their brother, so him being the one sent to Durmstrang was much less suspicious then separating the Wayne's into different schools. And, of course, Cass would want to stay with her brothers instead of going to Beauxbatons, so sending Steph and Babs instead worked out.

That didn't stop him from being a little tiny bit upset that nobody told him about it. But, after hearing Bab's answer of: "he wanted to surprise you guys." Tim figured it was okay, and all was forgiven.

It was a damn good surprise, so that always helped.

And so, there he was, sitting under a tree, looking out at the beautiful body of water, waiting for Steph to come over with her other surprise. The surprise that she had neglected to tell him about until 27 minutes ago, when she'd appeared in front of him, Blaise, and Theo, and told him to meet her at the lake.

"Tim!" Steph exclaimed, appearing in front of him suddenly, arms filled with 2, wiggling balls of orange fur. "Look who I brought!"

Tim gasped, lips spreading into a pleased grin, as he jumped up and moved closer to the blonde, eyes alight with mirth.

"Ruby!" he cheered, lifting the bigger of the kittens out of Steph's arms.

Steph giggled when he kissed his cheek, and they both sat back down to play with their cats.

Ruby narrowed her eyes at Tim, beginning to meow out a rant of all his wrongdoings toward her. Tim, for his part, took it all in stride, chuckling and rolling his eyes good naturedly.

"Yeah, yeah, I've missed you too. Now, go on, play with your brother." he nudged her towards where Eggo was rolling around in the grass, and Ruby's eyes lit up with mischievousness. Kneeling down, she flicked her tail, wiggled her butt and then pounced on the male cat, meowing triumphantly at Eggo's indignant hiss of surprise.

Tim and Stephen chuckled, rolling their eyes in unison when their gazes met.

"So..." Tim began awkwardly. "How have you been?"

Geez, he's really bad at this, isn't he?

Steph just laughed. "I've been good, boyfriend wonder." her lips tilted up into a teasing smirk. "But I have been missing a certain Timmy from my life."

Tim couldn't keep the smile off his face, of the flush of his cheeks, from her view, and Steph's smirk only widened when she saw his reaction.

"I missed you too." Tin whispered, kissing her nose.

"Meeeeeeeoow!" Eggo announced, jumping onto Tim's gut, causing the human boy to let out an oof.

Steph burst out laughing at his incredulous expression, watching as her boyfriend began to pet her kitten, muttering under his breath, "Missed you too, Eggo."