Damian and Diego have a Picnic

Title: Damian and Diego have a Picnic.

..........

"This is a terrible idea, Dami." Diego said, frowning at him.

"Thank you, Sherlock, that is a stellar observation, tt." Damian sassed back, grabbing the ingredients they came for from the shelf and plopping them gently in the picnic basket Diego held for him. He whispered a spell under his breath, making the basket bottom open like a secret hatch, allowing Diego to quickly organize the ingredients safely. They covered them back up and Damian placed the food they'd acquired on top, successfully hiding their contraband.

Diego rolled his eyes, sighing heavily. "Sarcasm is a horrible look on you, Doodle." Jara chirped from his shoulder, letting out a puff of fire that Diego quickly dodged, the heat warming his neck in the otherwise cold room.

Damian smirked. "I disagree," he said, jumping off the stool, "I am a genius and should be appreciated as such."

"Does that make me insane then?" the brunette questioned, glancing over with a sly look.

"Hahaha very funny." Damian brushed a finger down Jara's scaled back, kissing her head gently. Diego smiled at him softly, making Damian quickly look away, red dusting his cheeks. He was horrible at affection.

Diego laughed. "I know, right? I'm hilarious." He hummed the tune under his breath as he and Damian left Snape's supply room, sneaking out through a secret door that Damian had somehow come across. Diego didn't know where or how he knew about the door, and he'd learned long ago it was better to just go along then to ask questions.

They walked in comfortable silence for a few minutes, content to just hold hands and shuffle through the darkness.

They eventually reached their exit, releasing them into the brightness once again. They were near the entrance to Hogwarts, in one of the hallways that lead to the Hufflepuff Dorms.

They walked out of the corridor and almost immediately ran into Snape.

Diego froze immediately, eyes wide and heart rate picking up. Snape, seeing this, eyed them with suspicion.

"Do you require something, professor?" Damian asked, squeezing Diego's hand to try and comfort him. He hated when his friend got anxious, and had quickly figured out that physical touch (specifically from Damian himself. Lucas had tried and failed to calm him last time he had an anxiety attack with a hand on the shoulder. To put it simply, it had not worked.) could calm him slightly.

Snape sniffed haughtily, staring at him with a dark look. "What are you two miscreants up to?" His play at being intimidating was laughable, and the youngest Wayne found it hard to not verbally mock him. (Inwardly was another thing altogether.)

"What does it look like?" Damian snapped. "We are having a picnic outdoors. The weather is wonderful today." He followed it quickly with "Tt, moxxu gazma'' hissed under his breath.

Snape rolled his eyes and curled an eyebrow. "Let me see the basket then."

Damian scoffed. "No."

"I don't believe you are in the position to refuse, Mr. Wayne." Snape growled, cape flaring dramatically. Diego swallowed a whimper.

It was Damian's turn to look at him haughtily, brushing his thumb over Diego's to reassure him. "Tt. Don't I? As far as I'm concerned, professor, we have done nothing except hold hands while holding a picnic basket. Who are you to question what it is we are doing when we are quite obviously going on a date? I'm sure my siblings would be most upset if they were to hear about this blatant homophobia, and I assure you that you do not want to get on their bad side. So, shut up, and get out of our way. We're wasting oxygen talking to one such as you."