ARC EIGHT:CH-8.2

Something was wrong.

Recently Mo Jung had been getting this unsettling feeling that something was amiss. He couldn't exactly pin point what was wrong but....his intuition was screaming with alarm bells everytime he thought about Li Jei. Currently the man was held captive in the thousand heaven valley, where he was being tortured by the heavenly runes running all across the valley. With ancient runes as the essence of the thousand heaven valley that place was the worst hell for any demon. The valley not only weakens the demon's power they also deteriorate the soul of the demon, eroding their cultivation base as well as their demonic core. For any demonic creature it was equivalent to being skinned alive slowly.
Because Mo Jung was on high alert he had been keeping a keen eye on Li Jei, monitoring him through a talisman to make sure that there was nothing amiss. He did not have the intention of letting anything get in his way to break through this world. For this to happen he needed every soul of this world to be his stepping stone. Although he knew it was ruthless of him to use this kind of method against those who respected him he didn't cared. They are mere souls dancing to the fate restored for them. So why should he bother? If they are going to remain puppets of this world it was better if they became a sacrifice for him to go beyond this world.
Mo Jung was born into this world as one of those puppets.
When he first came into this world as a child he was a normal kid just like the others. There was nothing remarkable about him. Born to a poor family he was a lively child content with the small life he had. Even though he didn't get enough food to eat and had to starve himself sometimes, it didn't bother him at all. His parents weren't exactly a loving parent to their child but they gave Mo Jung enough care to let him acknowledge them as his parents. Even though they weren't very affectionate to him they would show how much they cared about him whenever he was approached by strangers or when he was about to be kidnapped more than thrice. There were many instances of him witnessing his parents forsaking the food for him, lying to him saying that they had eaten when they haven't had anything for so many days. Giving up the food they had earnt through heavy means they gave it up for him. There was no way the young kid would be indifferent to them after knowing this.
He would also never forget the face of horror and sadness they had when they saw him being taken away by a group of men in black when Mo Jung was only eleven. The scene of his parents running after the carriage until they fell down on the ground, crawling forward as they kept chasing....was forever engraved in his memory.
Mo Jung along with some other children were victims of the human trafficking network in the rural areas. They were trafficked into bigger cities. Thereafter, Mo Jung went through the most difficult and horrendous phase of his entire life. There were instances in his hellish past where he was starved, beaten, mistreated, abused and used for the pleasure of entertainment for those ugly creatures, the most ugliest of the human race. The hatred he had towards this cruel side of the human race and his longing for freedom awakened the cultivation base inside him at the young age of fourteen. On a certain day he went berserk, killing off those disgusting creatures, amputating them alive. That was the first time he met that thing. Appearing in a human form that thing talked to him, helped him kill all those who have caused him to suffer so much.

"You are destined for certain things that needs to be done. Come with me. I will be your guide." That thing said to him.

But he refused. And rushed back to his village where his parents were living. However what greeted him was a barren land, with everything gone, replaced by nothing but a barren land. Mo Jung experienced heartbreak for the first time that day. The excruciating pain, anger and agony that he felt that day....was something so horrible that he didn't even wanted to remember.

"I told you to come with me. See? This is why I said so." The thing appeared before him again and began to talk to him again.

Mo Jung was only 14 at that time. He was still a child. That thing then began to stick to him, teaching him certain things. He taught him how to use the sword, how to cultivate and how to use his power. He also thought Mo Jung how to read and write. He thought him everything that was needed for him to know.
The young Mo Jung then got into the white Lily sect. Becoming an apprentice of the most prosperous sect at the age of eighteen he was beyond happy. When he was showered with a warm smile by that person, or rather that thing, he was very happy. Mo Jung thought that he had finally found himself a loving, caring brother who loved him dearly.
But the events that started to unfold when he grew older and older said something else.
The nightmare of his life started when he began to have certain dreams where he saw two young boys and himself in it. The two young boys would become adult in some dreams and things that he didn't understood happen. The end of his nightmare ended with his death each and every time. Mo Jung ignored them at first but when he saw one of the scenes from his dreams being enacted in real life, he couldn't ignore it anymore.